British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Militaria

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-04-11, 01:17 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigade Piron View Post
I am so envious!

TBH, most of those pics are 'borrowed' from a lux documentary 'Tour of Duty: Lëtzembuerger am Koreakrich' which is worth buying but costs a bomb! It also works in lux, eng, german & french!

Bookwise; it depends on the language(s) you speak. If you speak French then there are loads, although there are quite a few in dutch and some in english...

- Goodnight Irene (Vers. Nl)
- Belgians Can Do Too! (Vers. Nl)
- Un Saison en Corée de Kamina a Imjin (Vers. Fr & Nl.) The best one in my opinion..
- Béréts Bruns en Corée (1950-53) By Général A. Crahay (series Vécu par des Belges) I only know of Vers. Fr. (definately the cheapest)
- Chronique du Bataillon Belge Corée 1950-55, Hugo Peerlinck, ed. Flyingpencil (Fr,Nl?) env. 34 euros
- Belgians Can Do Too! (Catalogue of Expo at Museum of the Army and Military History) (Fr, Nl, En) 25 euros available only from Brussels' army museum but I'm sure it can be bought over the internet....

You don't happen to know anyone in Diekirch museum do you? They don't even reply to my emails

Ho hum...
I am trying to build up a relationship in order to get some pics 'inside'
the displays. The only problem is its a real pain getting up there. I will be taking my son up there soon - after going through the Lux system he speaks all the 'local' languages - which will help. I'll update you when I have something definite.
Thanks for the info and all the best, david
Old 21-04-11, 03:11 PM

I must admit I tried learning lëtzembuergish to go through some of the original documents, the bizarre mix of French (which I speak) and German (which I don't) really through me!

For a bit of light relief, here is the 1953 dated, 3rd pattern Belgian Denison used from 1952 to 1955 in Korea from my collection:

BP

Tags
korea