British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-06-20, 07:21 PM

Far too much in my opinion, you would certainly struggle to get your money back any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
thanks Paul ! I have attached a picture of the badges im buying .... the lot is quite expensive but i think the SAS badge component is 360 gbp.
Old 25-06-20, 10:51 PM

Hi Tim,

Just a quick heads up that these repros are still doing the rounds and are an additional complication.

Regards,

Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img727.jpg (36.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 26-06-20, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontecagnano View Post
Hi Tim,

Just a quick heads up that these repros are still doing the rounds and are an additional complication.

Regards,

Graham
Do you have a pic of the reverse please?
Old 27-06-20, 09:01 AM

Yes, they can still be had, plenty were manufactured and that's certainly where my money would go if I were Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3battalion View Post
Agreed Frank. I believe these sell for around 250 or so.

Paul
Old 27-06-20, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack8 View Post
Do you have a pic of the reverse please?
Here we go. Luckily, the reverse of an original one, although they vary, doesn't look like that. I first saw these about three years ago but they may have been around longer. They were being sold as copies at a militaria fair for a few pounds. I'm sure some will have found their way into the wrong hands
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img728.jpg (32.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 27-06-20, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontecagnano View Post
Here we go. Luckily, the reverse of an original one, although they vary, doesn't look like that. I first saw these about three years ago but they may have been around longer. They were being sold as copies at a militaria fair for a few pounds. I'm sure some will have found their way into the wrong hands
Thank you Graham.
Old 30-06-20, 07:33 PM

thanks all, sorry i havent replied earlier ie been working from my phone as my laptop crashed !
Although happy with the authenticity of the wing the seller and i agreed to leave the wing out of the transaction. Appreciate all the help here guys. Would still love to see the picture of these in use in WW2 if there is evidence somewhere ?