British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-12-11, 06:42 PM

Default De Havilland workers badge

I find the history of the DE HAVILLAND company interesting as they were great pioneers between the wars, Here are two examples of worker badges , The first is dated 1936 and I am told you would be issued one when you began working for the company? They come with many dates the last I have seen is 1945, it is stamped (silver) in tiny letters on the back which i have seen before on fakes and had assumed that originals would have a hallmark but it seems I was wrong as this is a smashing little badge, The second is a copy of the badge said to have been worn by security and yard staff? If anyone has more knoledge on these I would love to hear, Best regards Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg more raf 016.jpg (25.3 KB, 55 views)
Old 20-12-11, 07:01 PM

Hi Kevin,
i have a lugged version of the larger badge somewhere. I was sold it as a De Haviland Home Guard badge. Other HG factory units were Morris Motors, Swift (or is that Swallow) Sidecars as well as the 1st Bn Vickers Armstrong (even though there was only one battalion).
Cheers, Dave
Old 20-12-11, 09:41 PM

Thankyou for your interest I will be on the lookout for a genuine one . I think the aircraft on the badge may be a comet.
Old 02-08-12, 11:00 PM

Default dh badge

i have a dh badge with light blue enamel given to me by a member of the rcmp who used to fly single otters, as well he is canadas aviation hall of fame, as \well as a basic flying book he gave me