British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 29-03-20, 05:13 PM

Default Cheshire Army Cadet Force Scrapbook 1955

Just rediscovered this little gem - someone has gone to a lot of trouble collating newspaper cuttings relating to the Cadet Forces in Cheshire. I have no idea where the other volumes are but this is volume 5 for the year 1955. Interestingly there is an original advertising poster for the 1955 Annual Camp folded up and pasted into the album .
Interesting to note that despite it being 1955, king's crown badges are still much in evidence !
This is only a small selection of the contents of the album
Enjoy !

PL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0663.jpg (35.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0665.jpg (89.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0664.jpg (61.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0666.jpg (74.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0667.jpg (69.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 29-03-20, 06:11 PM

Pretty sure there were scrap books of press cuttings in the Cheshire Regimental museum at Chester - makes you wonder how a volume 'became liberated' if that was the case - certainly scrap books existed for Regimental Battalions probably 40 years ago now.
Old 29-03-20, 07:40 PM

I think in the past I owned some scrap books put together by Bruce Bright who’s father was a clergyman and both were early members of the Military Historical Society. Bruce was connected to the Cheshire T.A. Association ( or whatever they were called at the time) and I think these are Bruce’s work.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 29-03-20, 07:51 PM

Attached are some press cuttings mainly relating to Cheshire RA TA units which I retained copies of from one of Bruce Brights scrap books.

P.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 30-03-20, 04:45 PM

Peter you appear to have nailed it.
The press cuttings I recall when assisting at the Cheshire Regimental Museum were primarily regular battalions.
Nice work by Bruce, a great archive.
Mike
PS - I wonder if Bruce did the ones in the Museum archive - they were very comprehensive and the writing style / presentation strikes a chord.
Old 30-03-20, 05:21 PM

I agree Peter, the work looks very similar if not exactly the same !

Many thanks

Paul
Old 30-03-20, 06:06 PM

Mike,

I seem to recall that Bruce Bright had scrap books covering most regiments,although I imagine the Cheshire one’s were the most comprehensive.

I think the one’s that I had might have come from Ray Westlake but my memory may be playing tricks. In the Cheshire Cadet scrapbook that I had he ( Bruce ) had tipped in a printed arm badge issued to Stalybridge Cadets.

Paul,

Thanks again for the title.

Peter