British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-09-22, 05:07 PM

Default New Batch Shipment Received!!!

Just a short note to share my latest batch shipment which arrived yesterday - Thanks M!!! I would have posted then, but was too busy enjoying it. I'll add some close up photos to my album later today and/or tomorrow.

Several gifts of kindness in here too, and I thank those very sincerely for them!

Terry
Old 02-09-22, 05:24 PM

What a great haul of goodies
Old 02-09-22, 07:12 PM

What school is the Bhsa ccf .
Old 02-09-22, 08:11 PM

Going for Colombia badges as well now.

Marc
Old 02-09-22, 08:45 PM

Keeping yourself busy! Well done on your new purchase.
Old 02-09-22, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk regt man View Post
What school is the Bhsa ccf .
BHSA = Birkenhead High School Academy
“ The Combined Cadet Force Contingent (CCF) at BHSA was formed in September 2018. The first parade was in January 2019. We currently have an Army section, affiliated with the Royal Army Medical Corps, and receive excellent support from our parent unit, 208 Field Hospital, Liverpool.”

Tim
Old 02-09-22, 09:21 PM

Tim, Yep, That's it - Birkenhead School Academy - a girls school, associated with the RAMC. The blanking plate in the picture at top right is also from that school. I am not really into collecting school badges, with the exception of those associated to hospitals or the RAMC.

I have to thank Paul for the blanking patch and the other small School patch (diamond, U with a red dot above it) he got and sent me - Thanks Paul!!!

Marc, if there is a Columbia badge in there then I am not aware of it. Is it the shield with the lion or yellow, blue and red? I did get one lot really cheaply which had the Multinational Force patches that I wanted, and that and the Fiji patches along with some American patches that I sent to a friend here who collects Vietnam and I thought that's what they were. Got them plus lots more for the cost of just one of those patches.

Of course I love the three 207 (Manchester) General Hospital patches as I have been after one of those forever, and found three different ones from the same source!!! I also love the two UN patches at the top left as both were RFU, and I assume the one on the blanking patch is as well used/worn. Also, the two "Unknown Warrior" locomotive pins 0 only now to find a green version to complete the set - and, have to thank Mike V for educating me about what they are. Over all, another great lot of goodies for my interests. Thank you again to M for helping me and sending the batch and to all who so kindly shared with me!!!

Terry
Old 02-09-22, 10:59 PM

Nice grouping of items
Regards
Stephen
Old 03-09-22, 08:09 AM

Marc, if there is a Columbia badge in there then I am not aware of it. Is it the shield with the lion or yellow, blue and red? I did get one lot really cheaply which had the Multinational Force patches that I wanted, and that and the Fiji patches along with some American patches that I sent to a friend here who collects Vietnam and I thought that's what they were. Got them plus lots more for the cost of just one of those patches.

You are correct Terry, both Columbia, Fiji, New Zealand had contingents with the MFO, the USA Flags looks to be from the MFO as well, your doing well.

When you get the time any chance of a close up of the First Aid Instructors badge, please.

Marc
Old 03-09-22, 03:02 PM

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the information both here and on the pictures. What a nice surprise to know those patches are part of the MFO!!!

May I ask if you can advise what the small RGN title is?

I am happy to share a photo of the front of the First Aid Instructor's badge. I will tell you that it is one of the misspelled badges with the first "R" missing. I have two of them in he gold color, but the backs are very different, which is why i got it. The sliver misspelled one is still on my hunt list though. Pictures shortly.

Thanks again for teh help and info,

Terry