British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-07-20, 01:43 PM

Default Dental DEFENCE AGENCY [D D A]

The first corps that I collected to was the A.D .C /R A D C now have a fairly comprehensive collection to this corps As the R A D C is the major partner in the Tri services D D A during lock down for something to collect I started in May to collect R. N and R A F dental related .Items to date in album section
One interesting home made item is a R A F dental collar badge I suspect this has been made by using rubber base impression material as there is very little shrinkage [-correct size of the collar is 13 x 39mm] and using dental acrylic the type is correct for the period made ,as modern is veined It has a broach pin fitting
This item was made according to the seller by sgt Alun W R. Baker R A F 1958-70 ,he was a dental technician I suspect not worth the £5 .00 paid but I like oddities with personal history
David
Old 01-07-20, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
One interesting home made item is a R A F dental collar badge I suspect this has been made by using rubber base impression material as there is very little shrinkage [-correct size of the collar is 13 x 39mm] and using dental acrylic the type is correct for the period made ,as modern is veined It has a broach pin fitting
This item was made according to the seller by sgt Alun W R. Baker R A F 1958-70 ,he was a dental technician I suspect not worth the £5 .00 paid but I like oddities with personal history
David
Knew a couple of dental techs in Saudi during 'Gulf 1' and when boredom set in they would make numerous objects (some obscene ) just to pass the time.

Poppy and British Legion Wanted
Old 12-07-20, 08:38 PM

Updated latest additions
David
Old 09-08-20, 06:55 PM

Latest additions -new board required
David
Old 09-08-20, 07:27 PM

Recent addition R A D C mess dress uniform to W O 11 G Morgan in Royal Navy album - can anybody help with any information on this person
David

Last edited by 49lassiepen; 09-08-20 at 07:40 PM.
Old 19-01-23, 07:16 PM

My grandfather was a dental officer during the Second World War - Surgeon Lieutenant Commander, RNVR.
When I was going through my recruit course at CFB Cornwallis, the master warrant officer dental hygienist came to see me. His mother had worked for my family at their confectionary wholesale business in Leamington Spa. Upon his demobilisation, the firm was taken over by my grandmother's younger brother (AFC, AE and Battle of Britain fighter pilot - 242 and 141 Squadrons).

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Surg Lieut JCB Jones.jpg (26.8 KB, 15 views)

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Old 19-01-23, 08:38 PM

Phillip many thanks for posting I think that I now have most of the current R N dental insignia Officers just have the normal R N cap badge and shoulder boards ,o'r D SA , D N , D S A shown in album
One of my sons is regular R N Surgeon Commander] -consultant anaesthetist .and consultant intensive care /I T U [duel qualified ] Not much use in obtaining items from the dental section
David