British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 26-08-10, 03:00 PM

Default How much for Indian para wings

Guys
have seen this wing coming up for auction soon with some other bits and not sure if its Indian WW2 or Far East theatre made wing?Any ideas and suggestions to worth.
Theres an AAC bakelite capbadge and Glider wings too and some other RAF bits.Need to know a real price to pay.
Cheers
Jonindian wings.jpg
Old 26-08-10, 04:05 PM

HI Jon , these are the parachute wings worn by the Indian Airborne division and look to be a very nice clean example , price wise I would say £75.00 -125.00 a lot depends if they are a bit sexy with press studs or a clasp fastner / backing plate on the rear .

The plastic A.A.CORPS badge please dont get over excited about I rate them no more than £60.00 they are infact quite common ....ish and were produced in large quantities but because of the special forces angle dealers like to sel them for big bucks and the new collectors think they are rare and chase them up to silly prices on e,bay.
hope this helps ,Michael
Old 26-08-10, 08:04 PM

Jon, I think Michael's estimate for the Indian wings is accurate. I would rate a Plastic AAC a bit higher at around 90 pounds (depending on condition like the amount of warp etc). Army flying badge aka glider wings are generally in the 125 pounds region, but again depending on condition and design (bullion thread, scarse khaki backing etc).
Old 27-08-10, 05:19 AM

Hi Luc, not uncommon either 1st glider pilot wings go for GBP150 if you have provenance it may even be higher one with provenance was recently sold on Ebay for GBP175.Cheers JB
Old 27-08-10, 08:56 PM

Default thanks guys

thankyou gentlemen
as always, a pleasure.
Will certainly place a bid
Jon