British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-12-18, 01:20 PM

Hi Leigh,
I'm told he was blown off a wagon in France. I'm hoping to receive a Service Number to narrow down the search.
Thanks
Tim
Old 19-12-18, 05:32 PM

i now have confirmation that our man was 208211 in LC. I presume he was called up in 9/2016 as a man previously rejected as unfit. He would then have been in the Training Reserve and worn a General Service badge. Doesn't help with the mystery of the man whose medal roll and MIC just say LC service. NO Pension Card or other records.
Old 19-12-18, 07:28 PM
MarkGD

Hi Tim,
I have had a look for him, unfortunately couldn't find a service record, possible his record is part of the burnt series. Copy of his award of Victory & War Medal, yet to find another medal card. Herbert Elliott is more comprehensive, even a look on CWGC shows his correct details. It is not unheard of for soldiers to join back up, in my family one KSLI brother discharged on injury, rejoined on the death of his brother (MGC) and went to the MGC, he has two medal cards! Sorry i couldn't find any more. Regards Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41629_611411_5717-00086 JA Brown (600 x 405).jpg (60.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 26-01-19, 07:51 AM

I've found that JA Brown joined the Army in May 1917 and went to France on 9th June.
If he joined one of the the Employment Companies that he previously been a DLI Works Company, may he have been given a cap badge for the DLI?
Pure specualtion, but interested to know when the LC Cap Badge was introduced. It would also be odd for the Company to have most men weraing their DLI Badge and a few new recruits wearing different.
Could the 3 stripes be Good Conduct and single stripe be Overseas?
He didn't receive a Star or Gallantry Medals, just the VM & BWM. Could he have received these ribbons at different times? I thought they were distributed at the same time. Perhaps he obtained the ribbon from somewhere else?
Any help appreciated.