British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-06-21, 06:24 PM

Post Two fire service badges

Back again with a couple more car boot finds:

The first is a National Fire Brigades Association (NFBA) badge, which I can date between 1918 and 1949 based on when the association existed. I can find a fair bit on the association itself online, but any specifics on the badge would be useful.

The second is a Trinidad and Tobago fire service badge, which besides a couple other examples on google images, I've had no luck in finding more information on. But as it's a QC I can at least assume it's no older than 1953!

If anyone has any information that can help, or can point me towards some resources where I can, it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5095.jpg (102.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5096.jpg (93.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5106.jpg (116.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5107.jpg (119.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 17-06-21, 07:12 PM

The Trinidad & Tobago cap badge was used up until Trinidad ceased to have HM The Queen as Head of State, whenever that was. A quick "Google" should reveal to you the date. I refer to is as a cap badge, you do not give the size. However, an identical pair of badges (but smaller than the cap badge) were utilised as collar badges.

Dave.
Old 17-06-21, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
The Trinidad & Tobago cap badge was used up until Trinidad ceased to have HM The Queen as Head of State, whenever that was. A quick "Google" should reveal to you the date. I refer to is as a cap badge, you do not give the size. However, an identical pair of badges (but smaller than the cap badge) were utilised as collar badges.

Dave.
Thanks Altcar, that narrows it down to 1976. As for the dimensions, it's 30x32mm (WxH), which seems more like collar dimensions to me.

Tags
fire service, nfba, trinidad and tobago