British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-05-22, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer Soldier View Post
Hello Henk,
Well done indeed. I think your Web-site is first class and extremely helpful. The proof of most puddings (in relation to volunteer battalion cap badges and glengarries) is when one can actually see, and even hold, a genuine example. Sadly, some examples are now so scarce one begins to wonder whether or not they actually existed !!!!!!!!
They can be found, it just takes patience. Here are some to the GRVC & the VBs of the WR. What is particularly nice is when you pick up photos of them being worn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E4911.jpg (101.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 1st Glamorgan RV (2).jpg (41.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 26-05-22, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
There should be no confusion. If you simply consult the Regimental History- History Of The Services Of The 41st (the Welch) Regiment, Lomax 1899
I assume you point to page 294, the second table. It is a simplification as that it has what happened in 1881 (affiliation) and 1887 (the re-designation of the first three of the four units) into one table. But it also shows what is explained above several times: the 3rd Glamorganshire RVC was NOT re-desginated as 4th Volunteer Bn, The Welsh Regiment.

Interested in the lineage of the unit your badge represents?
Try: Regimental lineages
Old 26-05-22, 08:08 AM

I do not believe anyone has claimed it was titled 4th VB Welsh, however contrary to your claim that “on first sight it looks like 4, but the 3rd Glamorganshire RVC was never designated as a Volunteer Battalion”, when quite clearly it was.
Old 26-05-22, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
I do not believe anyone has claimed it was titled 4th VB Welsh, however contrary to your claim that “on first sight it looks like 4, but the 3rd Glamorganshire RVC was never designated as a Volunteer Battalion”, when quite clearly it was.
I see now what you mean. But what I tried to say was that it never was designated(/titled) as a Volunteer Battalion", contrary to saying that it was a volunteer battalion (mind the capitalising) of the Welsh Regiment.

Interested in the lineage of the unit your badge represents?
Try: Regimental lineages