British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-07-13, 09:32 AM

Lightbulb

Cricket is a game in which there are 2 sides - one out on the field, and the other in. Each man in the side that is in goes out, and when he is out he comes in, then the next man goes out until he's out and then he comes in. When the side that is in is all out, the side that has been out goes in, and the side that was in goes out and tries to get out the side that went in. Sometimes there are men still in and not out when the side that is in is finally out. When both sides have been in and out, including those not out and no longer in - that is the end of the game...
Old 15-07-13, 09:46 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

For whats its worth. I don't have any PTT GG's that have been gilded for NCO's, but I do have a couple of FurCap's that have this type of finish. They do seem to be better struck than the O/R version - as yours is - and the finish itself is superior. I haven't seen many genuine 24thF O/R GG's but there was one sold recently (somewhere...) that looked to be the real McCoy. Yours seems to have all the right signs and the lug material is exactly the same as the genuine ones I have to the 83rdF. Well done and its a lovely badge. Its one of the few PTT GG's (NCO version's) I have seen in the last 40 years.
David

Last edited by wright241; 15-07-13 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Deleted quoted text
Old 15-07-13, 12:54 PM

Dean,
Thank you for the cricket explanation. I never understood it before
Eddie
Old 15-07-13, 01:36 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooke07 View Post
Cricket is a game in which there are 2 sides - one out on the field, and the other in. Each man in the side that is in goes out, and when he is out he comes in, then the next man goes out until he's out and then he comes in. When the side that is in is all out, the side that has been out goes in, and the side that was in goes out and tries to get out the side that went in. Sometimes there are men still in and not out when the side that is in is finally out. When both sides have been in and out, including those not out and no longer in - that is the end of the game...
Dean,
thanks for the explanation, perhaps you should concentrate on your Rugby then! (not being English I am not a fan of "Static Morris Dancing" or Cricket as you say it is called?)..

How has Australian Rugby been going of late?

Andy
Old 10-02-15, 06:41 AM

Default An Officer Glengarry

I recently became interested in the 24th Foot and the interest has turned into collecting (which is branching out further!). I have a few 24th Gengarrys, and have read descriptions on the differences. Has anyone got an Officer one they could post so I may use it as a reference during my search? Im sure one of the ones I have is not the officer badge. Thanks for having me!
Old 10-02-15, 06:50 PM

Default 24th glengarry

Hello,
I do not claim to be an expert on the subject, but I have never came across this style glengarry in gilt. The officers badge is circular. It could be srnco.
Kevin