British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-21, 02:21 PM

Default RASC VEHICLE SIGNS

Hi Folks

I have just created a temporary reference album of some RASC Vehicle Signs.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4253

I spotted these on ebay some time ago and got quite excited as I had never seen them before, as far as I can gather they all came from a booklet produced (I think) by 21st Army Group.

I contacted the seller for more information and told him it was a shame they were all being sold individually as their historical value was in them being kept together as a historical reference book. He said he had many more and that they all needed sorting out.
I made him an offer for the whole lot but he said he would try his luck on eBay but did put a "Buy it Now" option on after we spoke (for about a fiver each)

It maybe that some of you are already aware of these or maybe even have the booklet. I just thought some of the designs were fabulous as so much of their time (especially the Disney ones)

I sought permission from the seller to show the images on here before they are all split up in return for putting a link in to his page. (I have no knowledge of this dealer other than my messages re these cards)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114548614750?ul_noapp=true

Gutted they will all be split up. But thats life I suppose.

Would love to hear members views on these and what they are from if I am wrong, would love to see the intact version.

Regards
Sean