British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-07-18, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk regt man View Post
Hi All, I am after a current photo of the above address, anyone live nearby would can take one.
Thanks andrew
Have you tried Google 'Street View'?
Old 08-07-18, 12:07 PM

If you want to wait a couple of weeks I'll take some pictures for you as I'm passing by the entrance.
Old 08-07-18, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
If you want to wait a couple of weeks I'll take some pictures for you as I'm passing by the entrance.
Andy (Magpie)

I think it's the Bristol address Andy (NRM) is referring to. I didn't see it when I first read his post and had to re-read a few times before the penny dropped.

JT

Vic St Bristol.jpg
Old 08-07-18, 12:17 PM

Well the offers still open if he wants the Jewish cemetery, but thanks for putting me right Mr Terror
Old 09-07-18, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Terror View Post
Have you tried Google 'Street View'?
Hi, yes I did, but could not see the house number I was looking for.
Old 09-07-18, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Well the offers still open if he wants the Jewish cemetery, but thanks for putting me right Mr Terror
Hi Andy, it seems that the Jewish cemetery is quite big in bushley, and all of the internet leads take you there, which is why a can’t seem to find much info on any other cemetery s in that area.i am also not sure but I don’t think it was there in 1926.
Old 09-07-18, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk regt man View Post
Hi, yes I did, but could not see the house number I was looking for.
I think that's because the address you are looking for may have been redeveloped in the 60s, and replaced by a large office/retail building called Transom House. I could be wrong about this, as I am totally unfamiliar with the area.

Directly opposite Transom House, on the other side of the road, is No.66. Other street numbers on that side seem to indicate all even numbers, so I assume the odd numbers are on the Transom House side. All things being equal (which they may not be) No. 67 seems no longer to be there.

Can you give us any further info regarding this query - it may help to throw some light on what you're looking for exactly and help with any assistance members might be able to offer?

Last edited by Jelly Terror; 09-07-18 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Typo correction
Old 09-07-18, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Terror View Post
I think that's because the address you are looking for may have been redeveloped in the 60s, and replaced by a large office/retail building called Transom House. I could be worong about this, as I am totally unfamiliar with the area.

Directly opposite Transom House, on the other side of the road, is No.66. Other street numbers on that side seem to indicate all even numbers, so I assume the odd numbers are on the Transom House side. All things being equal (which they may not be) No. 67 seems no longer to be there.

Can you give us any further info regarding this query - it may help to throw some light on what you're looking for exactly and help with any assistance members might be able to offer?
Thanks jelly terror, I think you could be right, I think that what thought when I look on street view. Can’t really tell you anymore other than atthills medal index card has this address on it, so I guess he or a family member lived there. I am just putting together as much info as I can on this chap.