British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Cavalry and Armoured Units

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 04-08-14, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
A novice like me

If I had anything significant to add of course but this is just a totally new area for me so I had better not embarrass myself (probably too late) and leave it to the more knowledgeable gents.

Cheers, Roy.
Nothing to be embarrassed about. Sure if you make any mistakes it's only a learning curve. Wikipedia is easy and very interesting from the military perspective.
Old 06-08-14, 06:28 PM

Ok Roy, you can now see what I've done on Wikipedia for the 10th Queen's Own Canadian Hussars. Just click on the linky.

I'm afraid it isn't very much as yet because I've been busy with other things and information is very scant online but I've alerted other enthusiasts and with any luck we may be able to improve the article over the coming days/weeks. I did promise you I'd do an article for you however and there it is.

You could help. If you have an original image of the badge you wouldn't mind donating to Wikipedia for use on the article? I could talk you through the copyright process but that would mean you giving me an e-mail which clearly states you understand the process and agree to release copyright to Wikipedia. Some of the other chaps here have done so and can give you their opinions/objections.

Also, if you have any more information which I can clearly source from reputable sites online I can incorporate that too.

I did get a wee mention in for the site here as well on the basis that a little advertising does no harm. I can remove it if there are any objections.
Old 06-08-14, 06:34 PM

Hi,

Many thanks for doing that a great start indeed, well done!

Yes I'm happy to donate a photo of my badge if it would be suitable. I will send you a pm with my email address and if you drop me a line I will reply with said image.

Cheers, Roy.

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 06-08-14, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks for doing that a great start indeed, well done!

Yes I'm happy to donate a photo of my badge if it would be suitable. I will send you a pm with my email address and if you drop me a line I will reply with said image.

Cheers, Roy.
Like most people here I'm always glad to have helped another.
Old 08-08-14, 07:40 PM

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for sorting this Wikipedia page out - looks really good a great start.

Happy to help out with a photograph too.

Link again here for anyone who wishes to check it out or add to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_Qu...nadian_Hussars

Cheers, Roy.

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 09-08-14, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Hi Glyn,

Thanks for sorting this Wikipedia page out - looks really good a great start.

Happy to help out with a photograph too.

Link again here for anyone who wishes to check it out or add to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_Qu...nadian_Hussars

Cheers, Roy.
As I said above Roy, it's always a nice feeling to have done something good for someone else and by doing so have created a little piece of history for someone to research on Wikipedia. You deserve a pat on the back for pointing me in the right direction and supplying the badge image.

It's what this site is about too. Sharing and accumulating knowledge. I feel we've done both in the course of this thread so I need to thank you too.