British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-07-12, 12:14 PM

Interestingly the badge still has the features of the old WK Yeomanry/Cyclists. I wonder how many of the kids wear the typical ebay restrike/repro badge?
Old 24-07-12, 12:21 PM

Perhaps this from the units web site explains the choice of badge:

Kent (Marine) Cadet Force is in no way affiliated or recognised by the Ministry of Defence (M.O.D). We have our own qualification badges which are in unit colours (red, blue, green).

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 24-07-12, 12:23 PM

This style of badge was also worn by uniformed members of Kent County Council. I beleive I saw them being worn during my first tour of Maidstone with 36 Engineer Regt RE in the late '70's

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 24-07-12, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Cadet Walts! What ever next.
Old 24-07-12, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Blakeman View Post
Interestingly the badge still has the features of the old WK Yeomanry/Cyclists. I wonder how many of the kids wear the typical ebay restrike/repro badge?
Well, on their website it says they buy a one-off issue of kit for £140 (everything they need). Maybe if they lost their beret, they maybe tempted to go looking on their favourite e-sales website! If this was the case, will it give the modern restrike badge the same credibility (to a future generation of collectors) that could be compared to the old bazaar badges as accepting that the badge that was worn as an alternative when stores had exhausted their stocks?

I'm sure in 30 years time that British badge collectors will have the same sorts of conversations about commercial market badges as we have at present. Paradoxically, these conversations would also have taken place at collector gatherings around the time of the 1st commercial market badges (late victorian).
Old 24-07-12, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Well, on their website it says they buy a one-off issue of kit for £140 (everything they need). Maybe if they lost their beret, they maybe tempted to go looking on their favourite e-sales website! If this was the case, will it give the modern restrike badge the same credibility (to a future generation of collectors) that could be compared to the old bazaar badges as accepting that the badge that was worn as an alternative when stores had exhausted their stocks?
Gaz,

I was half way through typing something similar along those lines when I could hear a voice in my head saying expect a post stating genuine badges are only officially issued. Seeing as this organisation are not offically MOD then they can source their badges from anywhere I suppose?

Tags
cyclists, west kent, yeomanry