British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-05-19, 05:06 PM

Default Highland WWI Glengarry Badges

This isn't my usual area of interest so some pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to find some WWI Glengarry badges (and flashes) to go with some old family photos that I hope to get framed.

I'm looking for Camerons officer and Argylls OR. Can anyone point me in the direction of the genuine item at a reasonable price?

Many thanks....
Old 04-05-19, 08:28 AM

Hi Royal
Argyll badges are generally easy to come by so you shouldn't have any problem finding one. Officer badges however, always fetch a premium, so you will have to pay a bit for one - this dealer has one: https://www.seaforthmilitaria.com/sh...=1#prettyPhoto
Good luck. Cheers,
Alex
Old 05-05-19, 06:27 AM

Thanks Alex - any pointers as to how to tell the difference between O and OR and how to date them, the item description doesn't day...

R
Old 05-05-19, 06:39 AM

Generally officer badges are silver so fetch a high price. O/R badges are white metal and go for anything from 6 quid to maybe 12 quid depending on the seller. For both regiments the badges didn't change from basically 1900 to the introduction of anodised aluminium so dating them is almost impossible unless you have ones with provenance. As long as they are genuine they should be an accurate representation for your needs.
Cheers,
Alex
Old 05-05-19, 06:46 AM

Thanks Alex - I posted on here after a quick search on fleabay gave me the heeby-jeebies! The Camerons ones for example have scrolls or not - I presume with is correct for the period?!
Old 05-05-19, 02:08 PM

You would want a Camerons badge with a scroll.
Old 05-05-19, 07:41 PM

Thanks again Alex