British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 29-08-15, 02:42 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Toby the original badges had the buttonhole with numerals to rear, the ones with pin and clasp where as stated 70, s onwards, as kids growing up in Northern Ireland the "Wrangler Jacket" would invaribly have one attached to collar along with the white shield within a red cross and within this the star of David (representing the six counties) and within this a red hand of Ulster with crown above! (Phew!! long winded!) Also a series of Jubilee badges? A new one comming out every 12th of July!

Now for Bill here are better photos so you might compare yours to, all the best billy
Thanks Billy, mine is definitely not numbered and does not have the patina of age.
Old 29-08-15, 05:28 PM

I have spent quite some time comparing Billy's photos with the badge I won, cannot find any difference at all, even counted the dots around the inner oval!
However this badge has a tiny impressed stamp on the rear, just above the word AND, this seems to be REGD 534058, it's very tiny, needs an eyeglass to read. This is not on Billy's genuine one.
So over to the forum again

Last edited by mtrpltpara; 17-09-15 at 10:35 PM.
Old 30-08-15, 08:27 AM

This is a new one on me and you have done well spotting it, as mentioned to you mine has nothing to rear get a picture up wold be interested in seeing it an perhaps it will jog a memory In a Forum members head? - you really counted the dots? All the best for now billy
Old 04-09-15, 10:43 PM

Finally managed to get a reasonable photo, I might be able to improve on it if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Bill

Last edited by mtrpltpara; 17-09-15 at 10:47 PM.
Old 17-09-15, 04:22 PM

Well after Bill has shown me what to look for I have indeed found numerals and letters to rear very very tiny I looked for ages and really did, nt make them out! The good news is no bloody restriker would go to this trouble!
Anyhow put under a microscope at work and captured images which looked fine till I looked on the computer and it has altered where I had focused to rear of badge but instead focused onto the lapel stud, so if anyone with the knowledge to play with images and I guess software please drop a line and will forward on!
That is if anyone interested probably not! And probably not many with these badges? and until Bill started this thread I was unaware of the numerals / letters existance! Cheers Billy