British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-02-11, 12:12 AM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaindh View Post
Hi Guys, Well, I do have to share the (whole) room a little...it does have the communal computer in there and the vacuum and ironing board are stored in there also ..... sigh, I'll put my foot down one day.
But the walls are mine and I have my badge collection displayed there and I also have a bar room outside where I have other collectables plus beers when I need to drown my sorrows! Which can be often! But we must hang on to our little corners of the empire. Iain
Sounds idyllic Iain - if only you lived in SE England, I could selflessly offer my services in helping you out with those beers, mate.
Old 09-02-11, 02:04 AM

P.s. The bayonet isn't usually out of its box, I'm having a sort out![/QUOTE]

Ry, how is the bayonet sticking out of the curtain at that angle. Is your corner of the room not subject to the Laws of Gravity.

Are you sure Mrs. Charlie 585 isn't behind the curtain.

Regards

Brian
Old 09-02-11, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherofthree View Post
Ry, how is the bayonet sticking out of the curtain at that angle. Is your corner of the room not subject to the Laws of Gravity.

Are you sure Mrs. Charlie 585 isn't behind the curtain.

Regards

Brian
Hi Brian,

I see what you mean, that curtain tie back could be confused with something more sinister!
The Bayonet (in the other picture) is now safely out of harms way in case Mrs C decides to put me out of my misery by testing its capabilities.

Regards

Ry
Old 09-02-11, 07:32 PM

Default from martin

im quite lucky really , i have all my shell cases lined up in the hall, 2 bookcases,my medal cabinet and 2 boxes of my own service stuff under the bed. i have an argie helmet that i got in port stanley and various other argie artifacts, i have my own bedroom with the computer in it and really any millitary prints photos and paintings up on the walls so life is not to bad. i just wish i could clear out her rubbish cds, cross stitch and dvds to give me some moore room!!!!
Old 09-02-11, 08:06 PM

Ja, these women love to take over the place !!!! rgds Iain
Old 09-02-11, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter J View Post
Sounds idyllic Iain - if only you lived in SE England, I could selflessly offer my services in helping you out with those beers, mate.
Peter, you have to understand its hot in SA so beers are a necessary evil, but if you're ever out this way pop in for a pint!!! rgds Iain
Old 09-02-11, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter J View Post
Peter, you have to understand its hot in SA so beers are a necessary evil, its not that I want to drink them, but if you're ever out this way pop in for a pint!!! rgds Iain

Last edited by iaindh; 09-02-11 at 08:42 PM. Reason: duplicated
Old 09-02-11, 08:31 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaindh View Post
Peter, you have to understand its hot in SA so beers are a necessary evil, its not that I want to drink them, but if you're ever out this way pop in for a pint!!! rgds Iain
Iain,

Thanks for the offer mate.

I completely sympathise with your unfortunate position. I imagine that each time a pig's ear passes your lips, it must be like the Torments of the Damned for you.

You are definitely in need of some back up.

PJ

Last edited by Peter J; 10-02-11 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-02-11, 09:08 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum, i think all collectors develope a knack of hiding
new additions to there collections from were their wives, one because of cost involved and two they just see it as more clutter!
paj1
Old 13-02-11, 10:13 PM

Default from martin

yep your quite right, youve got to convince them that you hav had your new purchase for ages but they just havnt seen it before!!!!!!!1
Old 26-02-11, 03:34 PM

Default starting a collection

can any of you advise the best way to start a collection. at the mo i collect medals issued to the RN,RM, and merchant navy but it is to expensive at present, and would be very interested in badges as well. thanks martin.