British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-18, 07:18 AM

Testing the water seems to me, to simply be an excuse for nothing more that very blatant deception and theft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
There’s a lot of this going on
Old 10-07-18, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I never point out fakes on auctions or dealer sites, if someone asks and I know I will give an opinion wether on the forum or elsewhere. You yourself have used the forum for ID etc and to give an opinion, so I’m confused why you haven’t in this case when you say your not sure.
This is not the only fake you have listed at the moment or in past listings which have been brought up on here so I’m not surprised you have a lot of returns.
Paul
I don’t have a lot of returns sorry Paul

And I don’t like using forums including this one for ID or authentication as most members can’t even tie their own shoe laces never mind give an opinion on something.

In another current thread on here about a set of Pegasus there are several differing opinions on whether they are a good wartime set or not. A very basic question on a set of unquestionably wartime badges and some people are saying fake or post war. Makes me want to put my head through a window
Old 10-07-18, 07:33 AM

Why are you a member if that’s what you think.
I’m very surprised you don’t have a lot of returns even though you intimated it. Thankfully I have never had to return anything as I never have and never will buy anything from you.
You have obviously taken a lot of people for mugs on this forum and elsewhere.
Paul
Old 10-07-18, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
Out of fairness to both parties I have looked at Jack Dutton Roberts listings on ebay and am apalled at the very large amount of obviously 100% FAKE British Military Badges, ALL of which start with the word "ORIGINAL" in the title.

As Paul says this is one of several occasions where the badges he has sold are questionable to say the least.

So, Jack, if you are sincere in what you say, you have the opportunity to end the items on ebay. Bet you dont though!!

Disappointed.
Ahhh the crime of the century the fake 19th PWO Hussars badge you pointed out on another thread for a criminal price of £1.62 another cap badge I wasn’t sure of but for the price a well priced space filler and not one the buyer wanted to return.

There are many members on here who buy every week on eBay from me and are very happy with their purchases and even more who buy from my website and are happy also.

If I am unsure of something and I believe it has a good chance of being Original I will list it as such. If I’m told otherwise I will amend the listing or if already purchased I will refund if asked to do so. As stated I cannot amend or end the item on the iOS app I have in front of me this week until Sunday as I’m away on holiday. It’s frustrating and I’ve already said I will inform the winning bidder.

Of course one gets judged not on the 99% items but the fewer than 1% that are sold that I’m either unsure of or when asked to do so I have given a full refund on.

Alas mob mentality rules...
Old 10-07-18, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Why are you a member if that’s what you think.
I’m very surprised you don’t have a lot of returns even though you intimated it. Thankfully I have never had to return anything as I never have and never will buy anything from you.
You have obviously taken a lot of people for mugs on this forum and elsewhere.
Paul
I am a member because I used to enjoy posting on this forum that’s why I am member and stupidly I’ve been drawn into posting on this thread

Not taken anyone for a mug Paul and despite what you might think those who really know me know that I’m one of the good guys and I’m honest and as fair as I can be

Don’t worry Paul I think I will survive without you not buying anything from me. As I say I don’t do it for money, being liked, and don’t actually care if I don’t sell any items. I do it because I’m passionate about collecting and to increase chances of adding items to my own collection
Old 10-07-18, 08:30 AM

Default I think this thread should be ended

I think this thread has run its course. Imo its deviated from the original intention of preventing parties from buying a badge and having to go through the rigmaroll of cancelling a transaction.
I've bought good pieces from Jack in the past, which furthers my argument that this was not meant to be a thread to incite an online argument.
Happy collecting
Old 10-07-18, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON188 View Post
I think this thread has run its course. Imo its deviated from the original intention of preventing parties from buying a badge and having to go through the rigmaroll of cancelling a transaction.
I've bought good pieces from Jack in the past, which furthers my argument that this was not meant to be a thread to incite an online argument.
Happy collecting
Thanks Jon

Absolutely no hard feelings. Sorry if you thought I was getting at you but my fear was that it was going to be a pick holes in Jack thread

Thanks
Jack
Closed Thread