British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-05-22, 09:22 AM

Default Mike Beckett - Inventory of Anodised Cap Badge Collection

I decided to document my Anodised Cap badge collection, and their Makers. I thought sharing it here may help identify any oddities etc and perhaps stimulate some discussion.

This collection predates publication of the definitive work by Chris Marsh on the subject, and therefore follows the format of 'Collecting Anodised Cap Badges' by Peter Taylor. T references in column one, relate to the badge number in Peter Taylor's book. Variants are generally suffixed with an a) etc.

Where a dash appears in the third column (maker names) it means I do NOT have the badge. Those badges I have are allocated a specific maker, or where no maker is noted on the badge 'No Maker' is entered.

I hope this is helpful.

I AM CONSIDERING WHETHER TO DISPOSE OF ALL BADGES NOTED - BUT ONLY as a collection. There are 340 badges, excluding a couple of pairs of collars - several are highly desirable.

My email is: mikebeckett56@gmail.com

NOTE - I find the word file I prepared does not open easily - I therefore scanned and upload each page. - Apologies for lost quality.

PLEASE SEE PDF VERSION ALSO

Mike

Last edited by Mike B; 17-05-22 at 12:59 PM.
Old 17-05-22, 10:00 AM

The 1947 RAOC Wide Tonanti KC AA is on my Holy Grail List!
I have a 1949 Slim Tonanti KC AA
and several different makers of the 1953 QC AA as well as the All Silver example.

Wanted Poppy Pins
Old 17-05-22, 11:27 AM

Not sure if still on line it was some time ago as the collection was sold whole I believe to a member of the forum. .Anodised badges Chris Conicliff
Not sure if surname is spelt correct
David
Old 17-05-22, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
Not sure if still on line it was some time ago as the collection was sold whole I believe to a member of the forum. .Anodised badges Chris Conicliff
David
Hello David
Sorry for any confusion - the inventory is of my own collection, put together some time ago. I am considering parting with it if anyone is interested and wants to make a realistic offer. However, it is posted here in case any members spot oddities regarding the manufacturer names for each badge. I think some of the badges are highly desirable.
Regards
Mike
Old 17-05-22, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
David
Chris Cuniffe ,David. Dont think hes on here anymore.
His son in law was a member too i believe. I dont recall the name of the guy who bought his collection.
Old 17-05-22, 02:21 PM

Mike, there are many more variations and many, many more makers. Additionally, as well as well known 1970's Gaylor made 'copies' ( whatever you wish to call them) - Peter Taylor lists a few cap badges in his booklet that were never made in anodised alluminium
Old 17-05-22, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bess55 View Post
Mike, there are many more variations and many, many more makers. Additionally, as well as well known 1970's Gaylor made 'copies' ( whatever you wish to call them) - Peter Taylor lists a few cap badges in his booklet that were never made in anodised alluminium
Yes Bess - There are in deed many more variants - as highlighted by Chris Marsh in his definitive book, but I only list those I have. No doubt some of those I list as missing ie '-' in third column - were never made, very much as you suggest.
Thanks for observations though.
My intention was purely to add to current records if there are any uncommon maker variants for particular badges amongst my inventory - and to check any potential interest if I decide to part with them.
Regards
Mike

Last edited by Mike B; 17-05-22 at 04:44 PM.