British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-11-15, 04:41 PM

Thanks all !!

Didier
Old 14-11-15, 05:11 PM

Hi Didier,
We in New Zealand are shocked by the actions of these terrorists, killing and wounding so many innocent people.
Our sympathies to you and our friends in France.
Tinto
Old 14-11-15, 05:24 PM

Sadly, I suspect this sort of thing with become more frequent until European governments take swift and decisive action, the Belgium government had recently adopted a stance, which, if followed by others, might well protect members of the public in a stronger way.
Old 14-11-15, 06:26 PM

I support Paris, I support France. Death to the terrorists and ALL that support them!
Old 15-11-15, 12:30 AM

I have always been stating this every year;

"PLEASE"

Be Vigilant
Look out for problems, which may cause you, or those around you, concern.

If the shit hits the fan !!

Always look for a way to get out,
Look for easy weapons nearby, to protect yourselves

Be prepared for the unexpected and react to the situation immediately

REMEMBER !!

"Are you prepared to move towards the violence" ?

If you would ?

"Would you be prepared to eliminate the problem by "Extreme" force.

More than one of these scum will be in front of you, with a loaded weapon , Knife, and a magazine of 30+ rounds, plus explosives.

Only you and those around you will be able to step up to the mark, will you, could you and would you?

Speed is most important,
A need for survival is most important.

The French are the beginning and "YOU" really could be next.

A need for success
A real need to survive is most important

Gentlemen, we really are on a war footing and only you, if you are ready to fight, will battle through to the very end..

Stand up and be counted,
or
Move to the side

I am always standing ready, ........ BE AWARE

I TAKE NO PRISONERS

I am here and waiting for you, ......... come on
Old 15-11-15, 08:27 AM

What has been said is very valid. However, I would add this to it:

If you are not serving in the armed forces, think twice about wearing items of military uniform (even old surplus items) and badges which identify you as being affiliated to or supporting the armed forces. You will simply be drawing attention to yourself and MAY become a target for some misguided individual. Some will say that to do this will simply provide a sort of "victory" to terrorists. Take that view if you wish but it will be of no consolation to your kin when you are the subject of some form of assault or at worst finish up in a body bag. Remember Lee Rigby.

The armed forces and the police (plus others) are now warned not to wear items of uniform when not on duty. This is for good reason. You may be a badge collector or a retired MoD employee and as such are no threat to anyone. The terrorist will not know that and to them you are visibly supporting an enemy regime. We live in dangerous times!

Regrettably, the "open border" policy of the EU is an absolute "gift" to terrorists (as our poor French neighbours have discovered). Fortunately our Government (present & past) have resisted taking part in this agreement and may that long continue. Our only "weakness" is the Channel Tunnel which in my view should never have been built. It was an idealistic venture which failed to take into consideration the safety of the UK and its citizens in times of conflict.

Dave.

Last edited by altcar73; 15-11-15 at 08:37 AM.
Old 15-11-15, 08:37 AM

Sadly, these crackpots seem very keen on dying, it certainly does appear to be a priority for them, but, in all honestly, until European governments start to remove known players, one way or the other, before they commit their crimes, not much is set to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traist View Post
I support Paris, I support France. Death to the terrorists and ALL that support them!
Old 15-11-15, 10:01 AM

My thoughts are on those innocent victims, many of them youngsters, whose right to life was so brutally cut off. Senseless and tragic!

GTB
Old 15-11-15, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
What has been said is very valid. However, I would add this to it:

If you are not serving in the armed forces, think twice about wearing items of military uniform (even old surplus items) and badges which identify you as being affiliated to or supporting the armed forces. You will simply be drawing attention to yourself and MAY become a target for some misguided individual. Some will say that to do this will simply provide a sort of "victory" to terrorists. Take that view if you wish but it will be of no consolation to your kin when you are the subject of some form of assault or at worst finish up in a body bag. Remember Lee Rigby.

The armed forces and the police (plus others) are now warned not to wear items of uniform when not on duty. This is for good reason. You may be a badge collector or a retired MoD employee and as such are no threat to anyone. The terrorist will not know that and to them you are visibly supporting an enemy regime. We live in dangerous times!

Regrettably, the "open border" policy of the EU is an absolute "gift" to terrorists (as our poor French neighbours have discovered). Fortunately our Government (present & past) have resisted taking part in this agreement and may that long continue. Our only "weakness" is the Channel Tunnel which in my view should never have been built. It was an idealistic venture which failed to take into consideration the safety of the UK and its citizens in times of conflict.

Dave.
I understand that this is the sensible thing to do, but I can't and don't believe any of us should change our lives to accommodate them, or to not be targets. We should stand in defiance. This isn't an EU problem. This is a world problem. Something must be done about these radical muslims, and if that is doing something not politically correct then so be it. Human rights have become the rights of the crazy, abusive and freaks in society. Human rights should be returned to protect the good and not to protect the bad. They have no rights once they go down this path in my opinion. Regards Andrew
Old 15-11-15, 10:33 AM

If we do not do anything about the root cause, we will see more of these kind of attacks on European cities. It will be almost impossible to prevent this from happening.
My view is that attack is the best defense, we cannot and will not live in fear and let imbeciles attack our way of living.

Albert.
Old 15-11-15, 05:48 PM

You could be right Albert ... but what is the root cause ?
Old 15-11-15, 06:38 PM

Notwithstanding various western European governments foreign policy, I suspect Albert refers to the enemy embedded within all of Europe today and he is right to be concerned.
Old 15-11-15, 06:52 PM

Well yes, I was just a little unsure what Albert was advocating. Most Muslims I feel certain have intergrated fairly well into our society, so I don't feel it is just or fair to victimise them as a group. Tho' as far as the IS fanatics are concerned ... God help us if they ever get their hands on nuclear weapons !

Last edited by Jeff Mc William; 16-11-15 at 08:23 AM.
Old 15-11-15, 07:32 PM

The root cause lays with groups who use their own distorted version of islam to brainwash and influence people for their own goals. These groups must be eliminated by combined force.
And we should take a good hard honest look at why integration does not really work and these people, who live among us, are so easy to influence and do not hesitate to use barbaric force against innocent people.

Albert.
Old 15-11-15, 08:45 PM

The scenario in France has now changed: France is at war. Full stop.
Next step?

What happened in Britain and USA when war was declared? Citizens of German, Italian & Japanese origin were interned. Here in Malta, the Colonial Government deported Maltese of Italian descent to Uganda.

Shouldn't take much to conclude what is required by the French authorities, else talk of being at war would be risible, as much as it pains me to say it.

GTB