British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Classifieds: Sales and Wanted

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-02-20, 12:30 PM

I would be livid with just 1 badge going missing in the post, let alone a number of them.
If it's any help to you, i won an RCT/MSO cap badge on ebay (from Russia) cost me .99p +1.99 postage. I contacted the seller after 3 weeks with no item arriving. He immediately refunded me my money and that was that, well i thought so.
3 months later it turned up in the post, it took some time to find the guys ebay name, but i returned his money back to him.

Good luck Simon, i hope yoi have the same happy ending, cos the badges is what you wanted.
Old 15-02-20, 05:18 PM

Smile Lost, but not lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Ken View Post
I would be livid with just 1 badge going missing in the post, let alone a number of them.
If it's any help to you, i won an RCT/MSO cap badge on ebay (from Russia) cost me .99p +1.99 postage. I contacted the seller after 3 weeks with no item arriving. He immediately refunded me my money and that was that, well i thought so.
3 months later it turned up in the post, it took some time to find the guys ebay name, but i returned his money back to him.

Good luck Simon, i hope yoi have the same happy ending, cos the badges is what you wanted.

I had a similar thing happen some years ago when I never received a badge, I contacted the seller and got a refund, three months later the badge arrived. When I enquired as to it's whereabouts for the last three months the post office said they found it in the corner of a mailbag!

The seller was returned the money!

I also had my Military Heraldry Society book put through next doors letterbox, probably the post person was too busy with Facebook to note the number printed on the envelope, so there is still hope . . !

Rob
Old 15-02-20, 05:57 PM

Default Overcharged postage

I bought the silver officers Fife and Forfar Yeomanry which is excellent but was shocked to be charged 14.40 postage for just one badge
Old 15-02-20, 06:02 PM

I bought the silver officers Fife and Forfar Yeomanry in the Stroud sale and it is excellent but was shocked to be charged 14.40 for just one badge
Old 15-02-20, 06:39 PM

Hiya Rob,

My badge actually went all over Europe, 10 countries to be exact. The guy wrote the address on the package in Russian lol
How it got to me was amazing, my postman translated it into my address, when it arrived in the UK? just by my name (somehow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
I had a similar thing happen some years ago when I never received a badge, I contacted the seller and got a refund, three months later the badge arrived. When I enquired as to it's whereabouts for the last three months the post office said they found it in the corner of a mailbag!

The seller was returned the money!

I also had my Military Heraldry Society book put through next doors letterbox, probably the post person was too busy with Facebook to note the number printed on the envelope, so there is still hope . . !

Rob