British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-03-14, 09:11 PM

Default Recently sold SAS Wing on eBay

This SAS wing sold for a considerable amount of money ($670.00) recently on eBay. I've never come across this style or configuration before having what I would call misshaped squarish wing ends. The seller described this as a very early locally made SAS wing from North Africa during WW2.

SAS.JPG

SAS1.JPG

SAS2.JPG

SAS3.JPG
Old 06-03-14, 12:52 AM

Been discussed on a previous thread.

Last edited by Jack8; 06-03-14 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-03-14, 01:19 AM
Banned

We're back to this again. My opinion has and always will be that until there is evidence provided to prove that this wing was worn by any SAS trooper then it is not period genuine.
I also believe that a market has been created of so-called in country made SAS wings when there is no proof that these are period genuine and yet this market continues to grow.
If the owner of one of these para wings goes to resell it and he is asked for proof that it is period genuine, him saying that the previous seller said it was genuine and the previous seller before that also that, is not evidence. This is hearsay.
Old 06-03-14, 02:02 AM

I missed the thread regarding the discussion about this particular wing. It would appear that at least 9 different people bid on this wing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-origina...p2047675.l2557
Old 06-03-14, 03:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonomachi View Post
I missed the thread regarding the discussion about this particular wing. It would appear that at least 9 different people bid on this wing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-origina...p2047675.l2557
You didn't miss much. A number of questions asked about the genuineness of the wings (there was three wings) and asked again. Very few of the questions were answered.
Old 06-03-14, 08:36 AM

!
Old 06-03-14, 08:31 PM

Hilarious that this has now been mentioned again

Some like it, some don't. But those in the know, know

I guess you could say the same for many pieces, Peter. Without any evidence no one can prove either way.

Since the auction and all the fuss this has caused, someone asked me if the wings are returned they will buy them. I would always buy them back for what the buyer paid - that is MY guarantee. Not many people put their money where their mouth is.
Old 06-03-14, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Hilarious that this has now been mentioned again

Some like it, some don't. But those in the know, know

I guess you could say the same for many pieces, Peter. Without any evidence no one can prove either way.

Since the auction and all the fuss this has caused, someone asked me if the wings are returned they will buy them. I would always buy them back for what the buyer paid - that is MY guarantee. Not many people put their money where their mouth is.
"Those in the know, know". Yep means absolutely nothing. Gullible people of course will except that.
People wanting to buy something is no guarantee of authenticity, never has been and never will be.
I have always had a guarantee of a 100% money back including the cost of postage.
Old 06-03-14, 11:27 PM

Of course Peter, people wanting to buy something is no guarantee. My guarantee or I should say the closest I can offer to a guarantee without hard evidence of authenticity is that I will buy it back at the price the buyer paid. It shows I'm not off loading stuff for quick profit or wanting to stuff people up with crap. I believe any decent seller should offer this.
Old 07-03-14, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesianmilitaria View Post
We're back to this again. My opinion has and always will be that until there is evidence provided to prove that this wing was worn by any SAS trooper then it is not period genuine.
I also believe that a market has been created of so-called in country made SAS wings when there is no proof that these are period genuine and yet this market continues to grow.
If the owner of one of these para wings goes to resell it and he is asked for proof that it is period genuine, him saying that the previous seller said it was genuine and the previous seller before that also that, is not evidence. This is hearsay.
slightly different angle but if you are saying "until there is evidence provided to prove that has been worn then it is not period genuine: So what your saying then a ME Commando, 1 & 2 Commando Medical titles are not period genuine? i've never seen a photo or a group where they have been worn. just for sale on ebay or on websites?
Old 07-03-14, 05:25 AM
Banned

Pretty simple what I said. I didn't think it was hard to understand.
Old 07-03-14, 06:22 AM

I get really bored by this thread lets gets get back on the intersting exchanges. JB
Old 07-03-14, 06:52 AM
Banned

Don't be on the thread if you're so bored.