British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-10-19, 08:19 PM

Default Middle East patches?

Can anyone help with these, please. I assume they are from a Middle East country, but may be wrong! Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img20191001_18384187.jpg (50.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg img20191001_18400761.jpg (49.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 03-10-19, 05:16 AM

These patches are from Bahrain, but sorry I can not identify them other than the EME, Signals and Music.
BRgds Quicksilver
Old 03-10-19, 06:37 PM

Default Bahrain patches

Had another look at your patches in the clear light of day, and yes they are Bahraini patches but the bottom two on the left hand side are not familiar to me and will try and check them out. FYI the green Signals triangle badge you have (which is the same as mine) also comes as a circle. There are at least 30 from Bahrain and most of them I can not recognise. The embassies no longer reply to emails or letters.
BRgds Quicksilver
Old 03-10-19, 07:35 PM

Many thanks for the info Quicksilver. At least I know now where they are from. Like you, I can guess some of them, such as Signals etc, but I don't know what others are. Perhaps someone else may be able to advise us
The last two on the second page may not be from Bahrain, as they are different materials from the rest. I can only hope that someone may know what these two are.
Old 04-10-19, 05:00 AM

The red badge on the left next to the para badge is Saudi Arabian and has the emblem of Air Defence. The book above may indicate it is a School of Air Defence. Also I can say it is almost certain that it is post 1980. I am checking out the para badge. It may be Qatar Emiri Guard's Para Unit, just a guess.
Rgds Quicksilver
Old 04-10-19, 09:03 AM

I have the last badge (parachute & Eagle) down as from Iraq, not as well made as yours. One of my sons brought it back after Gulf War 1.

Marc

Remove n insert q and they are not even close to each other.

Last edited by 54Bty; 07-10-19 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old 04-10-19, 09:15 PM

Many thanks for the further information, Quicksilver and Marc. I welcome any further suggestions from both of you that may throw some light on these, as well as anyone else who can help us all on them.
Old 06-10-19, 03:46 AM

The light blue triangle with a gun and a missile is Air Defence and the triangle with circle is probably engineers. The crossed daggers is upside down and is Infantry. Black horse is Armoured Cars Sqn. Not sure about the Key and rifle but may be Ordnance. Hopefully some others can fill in the gaps. There are several Armoured Bns, Artillery has a gun on a red over blue circle. Pse note that engineers, signals and air defence also exist as circles. Perhaps the circle means Brigade.
brgds Cliff
Old 06-10-19, 06:12 PM

The Special Forces patch is a 1980s issue from Iraq.
brgds Quicksilver
Old 07-10-19, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
The Special Forces patch is a 1980s issue from Iraq.
brgds Quicksilver
Sorry my typo, now corrected.

Marc