British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-10-10, 09:31 PM

Noswydd dda Bantam,
What I was talking about was the one piece standard pattern OSD and whether this was worn by either the militia or volunteers as a day to day badge.
Any ideas?
Cofion gorau,
Kevin
Old 14-10-10, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
Toby,
These look too good for Indian or Egyptian made pieces. I do hace a couple of those to the Welsh, Brecknocks & Pembs Yeo in my collection and they are nowhere near to the same standard.
Hwyl,
Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I did wonder as I knew the rough, sand casting method often produced a poor badge. Toby
Old 14-10-10, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
Visited R.W.F. museum on Saturday disappointed in the amount of badges available for viewing.
I'm saddened but not surprised Bantam, I have found the current Principal Curator extremely unhelpful when researching badges. He has several times promised something "when he gets the time" and, to date, has never delivered. Toby
Old 16-10-10, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Purcell View Post
I'm saddened but not surprised Bantam, I have found the current Principal Curator extremely unhelpful when researching badges. He has several times promised something "when he gets the time" and, to date, has never delivered. Toby
Hi Toby,
Good to hear from you for so long.
I am sure we appreciate that we are lucky to still have military museums to visits in these austere times it would be nice if some curators would remember without us they wouldn't be there.
Whilst at Caernafon I did not get the opportunity to meet the principal curator I did however speak to the shop assistant there who turned out to be one of their researchers filling in while the archives are being moved to Wrexham who was very friendly.
I also visited another military museum in The Principality last month and found the curator very pompous.I shall not say which one.
Hwyl
Bantam
Old 16-10-10, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41st View Post
Noswydd dda Bantam,
What I was talking about was the one piece standard pattern OSD and whether this was worn by either the militia or volunteers as a day to day badge.
Any ideas?
Cofion gorau,
Kevin
Sut Mae 41st,
I am sorry but I don't know answer Kevin ?Will be in touch soon.
Cofion gorau I chi hefyd.
Bantam:

Tags
osd, royal welsh fusiliers, rwf