British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Home Front

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-04-21, 11:43 AM

Default Covid Acquisitions

Lockdown seems to have severely hampered the growth of my VTC collection, with no attendance at any of the fairs or meeting. However, whilst the quantity is down, I am very pleased with the quality of what I have managed to pick up.

I've been looking for the Corps of Volunteers Artillery Regiment, KK1693, for years, and then two came up at once!

The Fleet Street branch of the AVF is not well known, but does appear in a picture of a collection in the IWM.

Kingsdown is a sought after badge, and although mine is damaged I'm still happy to have it.

Simplex came through the Forum, and is another fine badge.

Walsall was in an auction lot of damaged badges, and has it's lugs missing; they'll get replaced when normality returns!

West Kent is not a badge I was even aware existed, but it's really well made and I'm very happy with it.

The other Kent badge appears in Ernest J. Martin's 1938 article in the SAHR Journal. Whilst similar to the Yeomanry collars, the ends os the scroll turn upwards, as they do on other Kent VTC badges, so I am happy with that, too.

Finally, there is the NAV Transport Corps. I'm not even sure is this is a VTC badge, so any information on this bage gratefully received!!

As always, if any forum members have VTC badges that I do not, I am always interested in acquiring them.

Best regards, Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Artillery.jpg (61.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Fleet Street.jpg (78.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Kingsdown.jpg (63.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Simplex.jpg (53.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Walsall.jpg (72.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg WKVF.jpg (46.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Kent Invicta.jpg (63.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg NAV Transport.jpg (72.6 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by TWGB; 26-04-21 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Typo