British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-03-11, 02:42 PM

Why not take pics of them in blocks of 50 and post them here? (Though that makes 140 pics....) The better informed collectors ( NOT me, I'm afraid) will tell you what is rare and sought after and what is fairly common in collecting circles. You could then put back and front pics of the suggested rarer ones up here for a final 'yay or nay' consensus and sell them on eBay with a fairer idea of what they're worth.
Old 10-03-11, 03:46 PM
Mr. Jackanory

You may even have an offer or two. When I have sold badges on here, privately through PMs people are very honest. It is also a good place to have rough values placed on them also via Pms
Old 11-03-11, 12:10 AM

Default Album

After three attempts, I have finally managed to upload an album of a very tiny portion of my late fathers colection. As mentioned in my "newbie" post, there are 7000+ badges.

Would you be able to give advice on identification of the badges shown, authenticity if possible and a very rough value if able?

I can identify the artillery badge, but know little about the album shown apart from that.....I really do not know too much about this subject so all assistance will be very well received!

With thanks,

Paul.
Old 12-03-11, 04:27 PM

Hi guys
I have just arrived back home after a pleasant afternoon around Pauls to have a look at his dads collection.
there is boxes of them,titles, buttons, cap and collars, helmet plates, centres,shoulder belt plates etc.
We could only go through a few boxes but wow a grand collection of every thing, there are of course a number of restrikes but that is to be expected.
I have advised Paul to contact Bosleys as he needs to get expert help with the more valuable items,and other bits he can sell on ebay if he wants to, but get everything check out, you will need at least a week lol.
Thankyou Paul for letting me come round and it was a joy also thank your good lady for lunch superb.

All the best
Malc

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover.
Old 12-03-11, 06:41 PM

Well done to Malc for going to help Paul out, & ditto the remarks about Bosleys, it's the only place to go with your more valuable stuff Paul, sure they take a cut but when you start getting top prices you can lose their percentage & still be very happy ! Put it on e-bay & you can run the risk of people not believing it's genuine & not get the proper value. From what Malc said, I hope you do contact Bosleys, and no I'm not anything to do with them either !!! Just want to see someones collection go for the right money, good luck & keep us posted !
Wilf.
Old 12-03-11, 07:40 PM

Well done Malc, i contacted the gentleman and offered to have a look at the collection but didnt even get the courtesy of a reply.
Old 12-03-11, 11:00 PM
Former Member

I've voiced my opinions on Auction Houses in the past and nothing said above has changed my mind, the same people buy from both Ebay and Bosley's.. All it takes is a good photograph or two and the item will sell itself.. Even if it goes for less than the Auction House Hammer price, the seller will often get more without paying the OTT fees, buyers will also be prepared to bid a little more as they don't suffer the double whammy of "Buyer Fees"!

Which ever method is followed in the end.. I wish him good luck and I'm sure he'll get around to answering all those who offered advice in turn!

Andy