British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-05-20, 12:45 PM

With this unit it is always worth taking into consideration the fact that they were raised as a lancer unit with the intention of Owen Rhoscomyl that they become part of the Household Division. This didn’t happen of course as the Welsh Guards were formed in the following year. Rhoscomyl/Vaughan was an eccentric character to say the least so I’m not surprised that the the regiment had a fairly unique form of service dress.
Old 10-05-20, 05:33 PM

Arthur Vaughan was certainly a colourful character, it is shame things ended the way they did.
Old 11-05-20, 02:21 PM

Good afternoon all.

Maybe of interest as link to the above mentioned album.

I can remember speaking to Lieut Renwick (image 10) and him telling me about being buried alive in Gallipoli and also still have his OSD cap badge that he gave me as a 16 year old

The Welsh Horse Photo Album - Peoples Collection Wales
https://www.peoplescollection.wales/collections/536783

The Welsh Horse Photo Album The Welsh Horse Album is a volume of thirty two military portraits. The album was compiled as a gift to Alderman J. Robinson. The inscription on the inside of the album reads: ‘To Alderman J Robinson from all ranks of the Welsh Horse as a small return for many kindnesses during the raising of the regiment.

Enjoy

Jonathan/oldman