British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 04-10-14, 07:19 AM

Default King Alfreds School Wantage OTC

Hello

This really is not my field at all, so I am hoping some of you chaps can shed some light. My interest is due to the fact my father and other family members went to School there.

As far as I am aware both the cap Badge & shoulder titles pre 1923 were KING ALFRED'S/OTC/SCHOOL but I have never actually seen a title.

In 1923 they were re-designated WANTAGE/OTC/SCHOOL, which I have manage to acquire, thanks to members of this forum.

What I would like to know is were there any Collar Dogs to this OTC, and if there was, has anyone an example they could show me?

Also, I was hoping to do a small display frame of insignia and I was wondering if there was a particular colour associated with this OTC, that I could use as a backing?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Rob

The older I get ................the better I was !
Old 04-10-14, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Rob
Whilst omission is not proof that they were not worn, EJ Martin's work of 1937 does not record a collar badge by that school. Very few OTCs had their won collars or buttons.

Alan
Old 05-10-14, 06:17 AM

Alan

Thanks

What is EJ Martins work? and was it published in book form? or something else? articles/papers/journal etc.

Cheers
Rob

Rob

The older I get ................the better I was !
Old 05-10-14, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

It was an article published in 1938. E.J.Martin wanted to record what each Senior and junior Division OTC was wearing at the time. Only one senior and 10 Junior OTCs did not want their details published so it is a comprehensive work. He also recorded unit s/ts and unit buttons where they existed.