British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-01-15, 01:23 PM

Default Cadet Picture?

I am assuming these are probably Cadets with the picture taken in Devizes Wiltshire.

Hard to see if they have the blue strip on their FS Caps or indeed any other insignia. Can anyone recognise the badge on the GS Caps?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1495370_10203061480406233_410132333339900158_o.jpg (57.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 12-01-15, 07:21 PM

I think the WO in the GS cap has the cap badge to the Grenadier Guards ? And the one to his left cap badge of the Lincolnshire Regt ? The other ones over the WO right hand shoulder I can't make out, they look a small black badge but not sure on them, when I first looked I thought they had a poppy behind them just my thoughts so hopefully some one else might come up with more info

Gerard
Old 12-01-15, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb64 View Post
I think the WO in the GS cap has the cap badge to the Grenadier Guards ? And the one to his left cap badge of the Lincolnshire Regt ? The other ones over the WO right hand shoulder I can't make out, they look a small black badge but not sure on them, when I first looked I thought they had a poppy behind them just my thoughts so hopefully some one else might come up with more info

Gerard
Those aren't GS caps.
He means the ones standing up.

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 12-01-15, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
Those aren't GS caps.
He means the ones standing up.

regards
My mistake got my caps confuesd The Grenadier Guards badge on the Service Dress Cap and the others the that I cant make out & the one I think Lincolnshire Regt ? on the General Service Cap that'll teach me to look on the forum & try to do work quotes & invoices at the same time

Gerard
Old 13-01-15, 08:09 AM

I thought it looked like Poppies behind their badges as well but quite when this practice started I do not know.

The original poster of this picture suggested it was Home Guard as the individual did not leave his town during the war, but cadets to me looks a lot more likely.