British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-06-16, 02:02 PM

Default EU referendum

Don't forget if you wish to vote to stay in the EU go to the polling station this Friday 24/6/2016
Old 22-06-16, 02:10 PM

That came around quick
Old 22-06-16, 02:12 PM

Wink

Nice one Paul!
Old 22-06-16, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
Don't forget if you wish to vote to stay in the EU go to the polling station this Friday 24/6/2016
Thery told me it was tomorrow, Thursday.

You just can't believe a word those politicians say!
Old 22-06-16, 03:37 PM

If the answer is stay I wonder how long it will be before the next Referendum ? It does not seem to have taken some Scottish politicians long to start talking about another one there when the result was not the one they wanted.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 22-06-16, 04:19 PM

Old 22-06-16, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
'...no kind of any negotiation'
Old 22-06-16, 05:26 PM

Not wishing to break the forum rules with regard to making political statements but:

Mrs Charlie 585 was commenting last night on the rotten weather we have had so far in the main this summer, my answer which raised a wry smile was:

‘I wish we could go back to the old days of long hot summers and proper wet English winters, I’ve had enough of all this European weather so I won’t miss it, if and when the country votes out’

I'm only surprised this matter wasn't raised during the long and tedious misinformation campaign that we have had to suffer instead of the real debate on who rules us, our Sovereign Government or some shady unknowns in another country. (Whoops)
Old 22-06-16, 06:57 PM

Location: A Yorkshireman in exile 'Up North' and an ‘Honorary Smoggie’.

All I would say is that you should vote for what you believe to be the best choice......not what someone else has told you that you have to vote for.
However, I am reassured that the BBC have given us a step by step guide on how to vote.
1 Get ballot paper 2) put a cross in the box. 3) place ballot paper in ballot box.

I think I will just be able to do that.. I had better write those instructions down in case I forget them. Totally unbelievable... Dumbing down is one thing, but this is taking the biscuit!

Last edited by Charliedog012012; 22-06-16 at 07:23 PM.
Old 22-06-16, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
If the answer is stay I wonder how long it will be before the next Referendum ? It does not seem to have taken some Scottish politicians long to start talking about another one there when the result was not the one they wanted.

P.B.
I've been thinking quite a bit about the Scots position in all this. If the vote is out and the majority of Scots also vote out then the fragrant one hasn't really got an argument.
On the other hand if it's out and the majority of Scots vote remain she'll want another Indyref. If the Scots then vote for independence where will that lead?
They have to adopt the Euro and leave the U.K. Who then foots the bill as oil won't cut it and why should England, Wales and N.I. support them? Charge us for Faslane?
I don't honestly see them ever leaving us
Old 22-06-16, 07:43 PM

OUT.

Of all the people I know and have met and discussed this matter with, I have met only 2 who wish to remain.

Why they wish to do so is beyond my imagination.

Regards.

brian
Old 22-06-16, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedog012012 View Post
All I would say is that you should vote for what you believe to be the best choice......not what someone else has told you that you have to vote for.
However, I am reassured that the BBC have given us a step by step guide on how to vote.
1 Get ballot paper 2) put a cross in the box. 3) place ballot paper in ballot box.

I think I will just be able to do that.. I had better write those instructions down in case I forget them. Totally unbelievable... Dumbing down is one thing, but this is taking the biscuit!
They are just catering for all those whom english is not their first language. However Mr Cameron will probably supply interpreters for them.
Old 22-06-16, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
Thery told me it was tomorrow, Thursday.

You just can't believe a word those politicians say!
Its really simple to tell when a politician is not telling the truth, their lips move!!!!!
Old 22-06-16, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherofthree View Post
OUT.

Of all the people I know and have met and discussed this matter with, I have met only 2 who wish to remain.

Why they wish to do so is beyond my imagination.

Regards.

brian
I told you not to talk to any strange people on the side of the road in Calais, them 2 fellas were obviously dodgy but you had to ask didn't you????
Wilf
Over and OUT
Old 22-06-16, 09:42 PM

I'm sure a civil servant , Herr Juncker, whose salary we pay telling us that we will effectively have no say in how the EU progresses will really encourage lots of people to vote to remain. Of course silly beggars like me will still vote out.