British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 26-11-18, 04:46 PM

Default Hi All - Can I ask for some assistance pls

I just come across your forum and its fantastic

I also have a little request of assistance.

I am currently putting together a frame for my Father to present to him around Christmas which will include my Great Grandfathers MM and Death Penny (which I have had to source as the originals have disappeared to Canada back in 1920's and since disappeared. I found a MOD registered medal maker who will make the MM and the Death Penny but I want to add the cap badge but struggling to find the right one as I read about fake or fantasy ones etc and I have gone to so much effort to source the right options for the MM and DP it would be wrong to have the wrong Cap Badge. My GGF was in the 17th Bn of the Middlesex Reg and served in WW1 from 1915 to 1918 where upon he lost his life. Can anyone point me in the right direction I would be so grateful. I know its the Footballers and I keep getting offered some badge with a football on ?? I dont think thats right ???

Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-6ee7423df06db8ae73827bbd263f9d1f-V.jpg (38.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 26-11-18, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Forum Hughes6235. Your account is active and open for posts. Hopefully the membership can assist with your query.
Old 26-11-18, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes6235 View Post
I just come across your forum and its fantastic

I also have a little request of assistance.

I am currently putting together a frame for my Father to present to him around Christmas which will include my Great Grandfathers MM and Death Penny (which I have had to source as the originals have disappeared to Canada back in 1920's and since disappeared. I found a MOD registered medal maker who will make the MM and the Death Penny but I want to add the cap badge but struggling to find the right one as I read about fake or fantasy ones etc and I have gone to so much effort to source the right options for the MM and DP it would be wrong to have the wrong Cap Badge. My GGF was in the 17th Bn of the Middlesex Reg and served in WW1 from 1915 to 1918 where upon he lost his life. Can anyone point me in the right direction I would be so grateful. I know its the Footballers and I keep getting offered some badge with a football on ?? I dont think thats right ???

Thank you in advance
Welcome to the forum that’s a nice idea and present 👍 regards the cap badge the one with a football attached is a fantasy item and never an issued cap badge, your GGF would of generally worn the standard bi metal cap badge to the Middlesex Regt, there was an economy all brass issued in 1916 and being a sergeant may have worn a white metal badge but generally speaking it would be the standard badge. where are you based as I’ve got a spare standard bi metal badge ,I can send you one if you want? Just let me know and send me a PM if you want with your details

Gerard