British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

   

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-06-20, 08:46 AM
MarkGD's Avatar
MarkGD MarkGD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wihtland
Posts: 514
Default Connaught Rangers Glengarry 1873-81

Friends, please be weary of this item on a well known auction site.
Very good copy, which would probably lead the seller to believe it is original but sadly not. Detail on the crown is not correct - Best Regards - Mark

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VICTORIAN...4AAOSww8de9P38
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-06-20, 09:17 AM
manchesters's Avatar
manchesters manchesters is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 5,636
Default

Hes a seller well known on here to avoid.

Only sells crap.

regarsd
__________________
Simon Butterworth

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-06-20, 01:26 PM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,509
Default

I certainly would not describe it as a very good copy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGD View Post
Friends, please be weary of this item on a well known auction site.
Very good copy, which would probably lead the seller to believe it is original but sadly not. Detail on the crown is not correct - Best Regards - Mark

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VICTORIAN...4AAOSww8de9P38
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-06-20, 03:30 PM
cbuehler cbuehler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,381
Default

I have noted this seller as well. Bad stuff.

CB
__________________
Bdr. Parker Windle MM, A Btry. 210th (E. Lancs.) RFA WW1 , fr. Burnley
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-06-20, 05:16 PM
wardog's Avatar
wardog wardog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,987
Default

In general I agree but I had a good GMGR cap badge from this seller end of last year. Regards, Paul.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29-06-20, 06:36 PM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,509
Default

Was it expensive?


Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
In general I agree but I had a good GMGR cap badge from this seller end of last year. Regards, Paul.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29-06-20, 09:01 PM
wardog's Avatar
wardog wardog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,987
Default

Hello Frank, you did comment on it at the time when posted. No it was not expensive for the badge, about 50. Regards, Paul.
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...highlight=gmgr
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-06-20, 07:52 AM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,509
Default

Okay, I see, well fifty quid was certainly a bargain.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Hello Frank, you did comment on it at the time when posted. No it was not expensive for the badge, about 50. Regards, Paul.
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...highlight=gmgr
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-06-20, 09:26 AM
Holyboy's Avatar
Holyboy Holyboy is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 105
Default

They’ve got a real mix of wronguns and some nice genuine badges.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
connaught rangers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.