British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-02-24, 03:58 PM

Default YORKSHIRE RELATED HELMET PLATES

Hi All

Those of you who know me, know that my main area of collecting is AA (Staybrite) cap badges.

However, i recently bought a 1980s Helmet Plate worn by the RAOC Staff Band (being ex RAOC myself I acquired it to fit into that part of my collection).

This purchase, has however prompted an interest in Helmet Plates and I am considering putting together a collection of Yorkshire Regiment related plates, so DWR, PWO, Green Howards, Yorkshire Volunteers etc etc

My main problem is that i know diddly squat about these items and i really don't wish to waste my hard earned cash on a fake or frankenstein !

So basically any help would be appreciated, advice, pointers and recommendations of good quality, genuine items available, either from members or reliable dealers. Lastly any era, Victoria, George, Edward or Elizabeth.

Any replies, comments, advice would be honestly appreciated
Cheers
Steve
Old 10-02-24, 05:09 PM

Steve,

Have a look at my albums, a few helmet plates to regiments of Yorkshire in them. All of them i believe to be original. Have about 30 helmet plates in all for regiments to Yorkshire, not all of them in the albums.

Keep smiling, Dave
Old 11-02-24, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejayuu View Post
Steve,

Have a look at my albums, a few helmet plates to regiments of Yorkshire in them. All of them i believe to be original. Have about 30 helmet plates in all for regiments to Yorkshire, not all of them in the albums.

Keep smiling, Dave
Dave,

Wow, thanks for the message i have sent you an email in reply.
Looking forward to meeting up and having a chat
Regards
Steve
Old 11-02-24, 05:55 PM

My album contains some modern band helmet plates and centres with background information:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...hp?albumid=625

Tim

Last edited by grey_green_acorn; 21-02-24 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-02-24, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn View Post
My album contains some band helmet plates and centres with background information:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...hp?albumid=625

Tim
Tim,
Many thanks, great photographs and lots of helpful information.
Steve
Old 20-02-24, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Supt Clk RAOC View Post
Hi All

Those of you who know me, know that my main area of collecting is AA (Staybrite) cap badges.

However, i recently bought a 1980s Helmet Plate worn by the RAOC Staff Band (being ex RAOC myself I acquired it to fit into that part of my collection).

This purchase, has however prompted an interest in Helmet Plates and I am considering putting together a collection of Yorkshire Regiment related plates, so DWR, PWO, Green Howards, Yorkshire Volunteers etc etc

My main problem is that i know diddly squat about these items and i really don't wish to waste my hard earned cash on a fake or frankenstein !

So basically any help would be appreciated, advice, pointers and recommendations of good quality, genuine items available, either from members or reliable dealers. Lastly any era, Victoria, George, Edward or Elizabeth.

Any replies, comments, advice would be honestly appreciated
Cheers
Steve
Hello Steve,

If you have a general interest in home service helmet plates, please do take a look at my album here on the form at this link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4640

All of my home service helmet plates are Victorian era and are all officer patterns. I hope you will take some time to take a look at the album and share your comments.

Cheers,

David
Old 21-02-24, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeoHelmetGuy View Post
Hello Steve,

If you have a general interest in home service helmet plates, please do take a look at my album here on the form at this link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4640

All of my home service helmet plates are Victorian era and are all officer patterns. I hope you will take some time to take a look at the album and share your comments.

Cheers,

David
David,
What can i say ! Green with envy !

Dave (Deejayuu) post#2 also contacted me and came over to my place last week to show me some of his collection. Some truly magnificent pieces in his and your collection. I'm now considering what to do with my new interest.

I am constantly amazed by other members collections and the knowledge of the members of this forum.

Thanks for drawing my attention to your wonderful collection

All the very best
Steve
Old 21-02-24, 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=Ex Supt Clk RAOC;619699]David,

Dave (Deejayuu) post#2 also contacted me and came over to my place last week to show me some of his collection. Some truly magnificent pieces in his and your collection. I'm now considering what to do with my new interest.

I am constantly amazed by other members collections and the knowledge of the members of this forum.

All the very best
Steve[/QUOTE

Last edited by YeoHelmetGuy; 23-02-24 at 02:54 AM.
Old 23-02-24, 03:01 AM

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your very generous comments regarding my modest collection of Victorian officer's home service helmet plates, you are too kind! The collection is a real labor of love!

I don't know if you looked at my other albums here on the Form... I have a very small collection of Victorian officer's home service helmets that can be seen in the album at this link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4709

and my collection of 28 dragoon helmets at this link on the Form:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4589

I hope you will take a few minutes and look at both albums... and hope you will enjoy them!

Good luck and happy hunting as you move forward with your collection and collecting!

Kind regards,

David

[QUOTE=YeoHelmetGuy;619712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Supt Clk RAOC View Post
David,

All the very best
Steve[/QUOTE