British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-10-19, 04:00 PM

Default King's Dragoon Guards BD blouse: arc title or sign?

I am quite sure Cardiffbloke will be able to answer my questions. I have recently purchased an Indian made BD blouse badged to a Lieutenant of 1st King's Dragoon Guards: pips and titles are there, but it looks like there had been also collar badges on the collar lapels and some sort of arc titles or formation signs stitched to the upper sleeves. Reckoning that the BD blouse is stamped either 3 or 8 45, what formation could have been referring to the title or sign that has been removed? Is the yellow lanyard a Company distinction? Will i ever be able to find a pair of Officers KDG collar badges? Thank you so much for your help, gents!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD_KDG_2.jpg (87.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg BD_KDG_1.jpg (73.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg BD_KDG_Removed_Sign_1.jpg (84.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg BD_KDG_Removed_Sign_2.jpg (84.8 KB, 29 views)
Old 12-10-19, 01:55 PM

What I have managed to find on this site: http://british-army-units1945on.co.u...on-guards.html is that after the war 1st KDG served in Palestine, Libia, Northern Ireland and were successively at the commands of 1st British Corps, 6th Armoured Division and Hamburg District.
Old 13-10-19, 11:41 AM

It is possibly that the individual was in a Corps (RASC., RSIGS etc) serving in the KDG and wore that shoulder designation. I have a BD Blouse with the Brass titles RHA and RAMC designation on the sleeve. So it was done.

Marc

Last edited by 54Bty; 13-10-19 at 01:02 PM.
Old 13-10-19, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
It is possibly that the individual was in a Corps (RASC RSIGS etc) serving in the KDG and wore that shoulder designation. I have a BD Blouse with the Brass titles RHA and RAMC designation on the sleeve. So it was done.

Marc
That's fairly interesting: I'd love to see a pic of your BD blouse, if possible. By the way I have got in my collection a BD blouse sporting both brass titles CMP and cloth arc titles: I have alway thought about a case of "belt an braces".