British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-04-12, 04:08 PM
Peter J

Default Inns of Court Reserve Corps

Afternoon all,

Could anyone kindly confirm whether or not this is a collar badge to the Inns of Court Reserve Corps, as opposed to a converted cap badge:

OTC 007.jpgOTC 009.jpgOTC 010.jpgOTC 011.jpg

Dimensions: W = 32mm x H = 32mm

I presume the cap badge would have had a slider and possibly be slightly larger?

With thanks,

Peter.
Old 06-04-12, 04:47 PM

Peter,
Similar to Churchill 1910 which he says is a collar badge only ( but with no dimensions ), in blackened brass with "R" and "V" on either side of the bottom ( presumably for Rifle Volunteers )

Pity the illustrations in Churchill are not a bit clearer, but your badge is very interesting.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 06-04-12, 05:32 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
Peter,
Similar to Churchill 1910 which he says is a collar badge only ( but with no dimensions ), in blackened brass with "R" and "V" on either side of the bottom ( presumably for Rifle Volunteers )

Pity the illustrations in Churchill are not a bit clearer, but your badge is very interesting.

P.B.
Thanks, Peter,

Agreed, quite similar to Ch.1910, though I believe the example in my first post to be Ch.2000.

Churchill states that his photographs are full size, therefore, Ch.1910 is approximately 26mm x 26mm.

Out of interest, I have a Ch.1909 which is approximately, H = 37mm x W = 33mm, and is described as 'cap/collar'. It has fairly long loops, and overall, is slightly larger than Ch.2000:

Inns of Ct VRC (1).jpgInns of Ct VRC (2).jpgInns of Ct VRC (3).jpg

Thanks again, Peter.

All the best,

Peter.
Old 06-04-12, 06:59 PM

Never heard of a 'Reserve Corps', but Rifle Corps would be more suitable.
Old 08-04-12, 07:09 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Stewart View Post
Never heard of a 'Reserve Corps', but Rifle Corps would be more suitable.
Graham,

There is plenty of info available on the Inns of Court Reserve Corps (KK 1648). A quick Google brings up a number of results, of course.

Regards,

Peter.

Last edited by Peter J; 08-04-12 at 09:04 PM.

Tags
collar badge, inns of court rc