British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > New Zealand Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-02-14, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilans View Post
All these numerals originally came from Trade Me New Zealand, and re sold on ebay. NOT Australian numerals

http://www.trademe.co.nz/antiques-co...-692004587.htm
Vigilans we can all agree the shoulder titles in question were made in Australia.

However I question where is your proof that the badges sold on Ebay originally came from Trade Me New Zealand??????

So far no New Zealand Reinforcement badge collectors have agreed with your theory that the Stokes made badges in question are New Zealand Reinforcement badges, so I ask, what proof do you have to back your claims???????

I have checked the link you have provided for the New Zealand Trade Me seller and see the seller has describes them as. — “WW1 regiment a pair of number 21” & “Stokes & sons”

It is interesting to note that the New Zealand seller does not describe them as New Zealand Reinforcement badges.

It is also interesting to note that when I checked the New Zealand sellers ‘Auction feedback’ I found that the majority of the Stokes made shoulder numerals were sold to New Zealand badge collectors as I recognise their user IDs which adds weight that the badges sold on Ebay did not come from the Trade Me seller that you have provided a link for.