British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-20, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bess55 View Post
The markings shown on the above B sqn badge is correct for B sqn badges. I.e. the Arabic letter on the paw palm (B) and the numbers on the claws (22). The badge itself has MANY original and legitimate variations and versions. This example shown, I am not familiar with - B sqn badges are not usually 'oblong' in landscape (if that makes sense). No idea if its genuine or not, I am merely not familiar with it - having a good working knowledge of current Sqn badges.

The A sqn badge, again not one I have seen.
On the patch sold on ebay it shows two letters 'T' on the papillae when it should show the Arabic letters for '2' ie '22' for 22 SAS.
The one that I have that is original is detailed and in 2D while the patch sold on ebay for that astronomical amount is flat and has no detail.