British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-03-13, 11:07 PM

Default J.R Gaunt Army cadet Force badge

Hi guys just wondering if you can help i have come across this J.R car badge i think it is, and was wondering if anybody can help me as i cannot seem to find much information out about it online. i have been offered £100 for it but i have a strange feeling it is worth more.... pic is below thanks guys

Old 18-03-13, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny147 View Post
Here i have a rare (J.R gaunt army cadet force) car badge which is in pretty good condition for its age.

I have looked all over the internet for one of these badges and cannot find one anywhere so i am assuming it is rather rare as i cannot find another. There is slight signs of wear and tear but all in all its all there and in good condition.

I am open to offers for this badge if anybody is interested, i have an idea of what it is worth but i am open to offers. thanks

If somebody offered me £100 for a car badge, I'd just take it instead of fishing around the badge forum.

Phil

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Old 19-03-13, 06:20 AM

I'd snatch his hand off!
Tony.
Old 19-03-13, 08:03 AM

There is one on E bay at the moment.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 19-03-13, 08:47 AM

The actual badge posted didnt sell on ebay for 99p (same picture). Another one, same seller, sold for £90 so I would definitely grab the 100 pounds offered.

Phil
Old 19-03-13, 09:01 AM

yes that was me i ended the item due to been offered a cash offer. but i got messed about so i am going to have to re-list it. when i put it on ebay i was absolutely flooded with messages it was crazy how many people was watching it within the space of half hour of it been put up lol. i also have another badge as well it is a RAF car emblem
Old 19-03-13, 10:52 AM

There does seem ( and I may be wrong ) to be an upsurge of interest in Cadet items at the moment.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 19-03-13, 12:33 PM

i don't know but i do know i had lots of interest and there was actually a collector on there that said he has been collecting the emblems for over 20 years and he has never come across a army cadet force badge. i want to get as much information i can about it before i sell as i don't want to shoot myself in the foot with price.
Old 19-03-13, 09:00 PM

An interesting one. Does anybody know if the central badge is worn as a cap/beret badge too, or was it just used on car badges?
Old 19-03-13, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
There does seem ( and I may be wrong ) to be an upsurge of interest in Cadet items at the moment.

P.B.
I think you are right about that Peter, you only have to look at the prices acheived at the auctions of late.
Old 20-03-13, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
An interesting one. Does anybody know if the central badge is worn as a cap/beret badge too, or was it just used on car badges?
The badge is the official insignia of the ACF presumably dating back to 1942 when the current County Structure was established. ACF detachments affiliate to regular or TA Units so the badge is not worn on headdress but was issued as a plastic label badge during WW2. The badge is also used on Standards and ACF paper work.

Some Commandants including my own have pushed for this badge to replace all the current army ones to create a more specific ACF identity, but they have very little support.

http://armycadets.com/
Old 20-03-13, 08:40 AM

did J.R gaunt just make these randomly then or did they make then to order?
Old 20-03-13, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REME245 View Post
The badge is the official insignia of the ACF presumably dating back to 1942 when the current County Structure was established. ACF detachments affiliate to regular or TA Units so the badge is not worn on headdress but was issued as a plastic label badge during WW2. The badge is also used on Standards and ACF paper work.

Some Commandants including my own have pushed for this badge to replace all the current army ones to create a more specific ACF identity, but they have very little support.

http://armycadets.com/
Thanks
Old 20-03-13, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny147 View Post
did J.R gaunt just make these randomly then or did they make then to order?
They probably did most of the regiments/Corps at at one time.

Just a pity there is no where to put them on a modern car.
Old 20-03-13, 03:46 PM

could put one on a car these days easy just make a bracket