British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-08-12, 07:01 PM

Default 'Hallo

Hello everyone,

I signed up last night and have been enjoying perusing old posts.

I have been collecting Canadian WWI and WWII badges for a few years now (slowly...). I had a grandfather in the WWI (Was raised with the 35th Battalion CEF and served with the 10th Field Ambulance CEF) and I love anything to do with either of those units. His badges are the reason I started collecting, as I was putting together a display of his medals, badges, and pictures and some things had been lost over the years (a missing shoulder title, etc).

I also had a grandfather in WWII, serving with the Canadian Army Medical Corps as a stretcher bearer. I have his medals as well.

I work as a Historical Interpreter for the City of Toronto, where I come into contact with a lot of really cool historical artifacts, though rarely military related. I recently co-wrote the War of 1812 education program that will be delivered at six of the City museums.
Old 22-08-12, 12:06 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Shelbourn.

You will have noticed that the Canadian section of this Forum is very active so you will be in good company.

Donny B.
Old 23-08-12, 07:12 PM

Hello Shelbourn. Welcome to the Forum. PM sent.

Paul