British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-08-21, 09:31 PM

Default Navy epaulettes?

A friend of mine works in a charity shop and knows I collect 'badges'. I'm no expert on the attached items and so I said I would ask here for her. These two were donated and she would like to know A) what are they and B) what are they worth please? I reiterate this for a charity shop; I have no personal or financial interest in these items. Any help much appreciated, thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2390.jpg (106.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2389.jpg (80.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 13-08-21, 11:28 PM

Default Navy epaulettes?

Hi RSM

The one on the left (with the browny-orange stripe) is for a Surgeon Sub-Lieutenant (Dental) RN.

The one on the right (with the 'X') is for an Auxiliary Officer of the Royal Naval Auxiliary Service (RNXS). This was worn between 1984 and 1994. In 1994 the RNXS was disbanded.

I'm afraid I have no idea as to their worth. I have examples of both of them in my collection but I bought them many years ago. I can't even remember what I paid for them but it probably wasn't a lot.

Out of the two the RNXS badge is the less common one to find.

I hope that's some help at least!

Pete
'It is upon the Navy, under the good providence of God, that the Wealth, Prosperity and Peace of these islands and of the Empire do mainly depend' - Preamble to the Articles of War in the reign of Charles II
Old 14-08-21, 01:16 PM

Pete,

I'm very grateful and many thanks indeed for your help. I have passed the information on and they thank you too.

All the best,

Richard.