British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-10-10, 07:52 PM

AAC bullion cap badge on maroon background. That would nicely complete my set of AAC cap badges.
Old 22-10-10, 11:15 PM

A Victorian Naval Officer's cap badge, one that has eluded me for over 40 yrs!!!

Bryan
Old 25-10-10, 01:57 AM

My Holy Grail would be the items 3748 Hussar promised me 2.75 years ago

The other would be Ceylon/Sri lanka badges

Clay

Last edited by Flatdog; 28-11-10 at 03:42 AM. Reason: mis-spelling of person responsible for my un happiness
Old 27-11-10, 03:27 AM

PPA badge with Prov to a NewZealander
Old 27-11-10, 10:10 AM

for me just a standart ROYAL ARTILLERY gun badge......but a brown plastic one

not the ubique collar grenade of course, the crown/ubique /gun/quo fast et gloria duncunt
Old 27-11-10, 10:15 AM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

I'm easy to please, any one of half a dozen 19th century helmets owned by a friend of mine
Old 27-11-10, 02:56 PM

Default MY HOLY GRAIL -WELL ONE OF THREE ANYWAY

I was about to post the other day my Holy Grail....but, what do you know along it came.....and I got it.

The 1st battalion Birmingham Pal's. I posted it yesterday in my albums.
It was my Holy Grail as I'm from B'ham and have a affinity with this organization in general as my great grandfather joined up on the first day of the war. I have pictures when I get time to post. He ended up in RGA, keep that for another day.

Anyway, thought I'd post on the subject even though I got one now. Have to work on the 2nd and 3rd.

Regards

Simon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user616_pic29430_1290806202.jpg (43.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 27-11-10, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
I'm easy to please, any one of half a dozen 19th century helmets owned by a friend of mine
Dream on Dave lol

Malc

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover.
Old 29-11-10, 06:43 PM

Well mine is unusual in that it is a collar badge, don't think it is particularly rare-ish, but I don't have a decent picture of it, and haven't seen one for sale for quite some time.

It is the collar badge of the 99th (Buckinghamshire and Berkshire Yeomanry) Army Field Brigade Royal Artillery (TA)). It was worn by officer's on the Service Dress Jacket circa 1925 to 1939.

A very poor quality picture can be found in Norman Lichfield's book on RA collar badges.

The badge is made up of the RA gun badge with KC and motto scrolls within an oval of laurel leaves. Above the gun, a disc bearing the Buckinghamshire swan and below the gun, a similar disc bearing the Berkshire White Horse. All in bronze 30mm high.

Anyone got one they don't want, or if they can let me have a good quality picture, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Ian
Old 29-11-10, 06:52 PM
Mr. Jackanory

The First Surrey Rifles officers silver and gilt in the next Bosleys sale could be a temporary 'holy grail' for me. If anyone wins it may I please drop in and see it in the flesh so to speak.
Matti
Old 29-11-10, 07:49 PM

Wink Holy Grails

I am going to be gready and submit 4 HOLY GRAILS. I was fortunate enough, through my wife, to inherit her grandfathers and fathers military collections of badges specific to their service with Canada. My father in laws is complete but I have been looking for a metal shoulder title for my wife's grandfather who was with the Canadian First Military police. I have his Cap and a single shoulder.

I also collect Canadian Police Badges and I have been looking for a collar badge for the Manitoba Provincial Police who were taken over by the RCMP in 1932. I would like to find another shoulder title for the NWMP and the last on my list is a RESERVE shoulder title for the RCMP which was worn/issued in 1937 and is different from the issued shoulders of that time as it has an "R" above the RCMP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holy grail 3.jpg (26.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg holy grail 2.jpg (32.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg holy grail 1.jpg (31.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg holy grail.jpg (28.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 25-12-10, 09:09 PM

1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th City Battalion shoulder titles of the Liverpool Pals, would love a complete set.
Old 25-12-10, 09:22 PM

Dingle,
Years ago when I lived in Liverpool I had managed to get 3 of the 4 Pals shoulder titles but could never find one for the 2nd City Battalion.

I managed to get something published in the Echo saying I was looking for the elusive item and incredibly I was contacted by a former Pal who lived in the same road that we did and who was happy to let me have the pair of titles he was issued with.

Not only did he live in the same road as my family but his grand daughter was a school friend of my sister and he had know my grandmother around the time of the great war when they both lived off Lodge Lane - its a very small world.

I hope you have as much luck as I did in the search for your holy grail.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”

Last edited by Peter Brydon; 26-12-10 at 08:57 AM.
Old 25-12-10, 10:15 PM

Unhappy MY HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!

My holy grail is an easy one I have been looking for over 35 years for a good
version of this badge. It is the OTC cap badge from Giggleswick Grammer School, I actually grew up in Giggleswick but could never manage to aquire one, Also coming a very very close second would be either one but preferably a pair of Giggleswick Grammer School shoulder titles as per the pictures from the book about the school`s cadets. Andy.

Last edited by yorkie; 29-01-15 at 11:09 AM.
Old 26-12-10, 10:37 AM

Default HOly Grail.......... CSC

Easy WWI officers enamaled Canadian Signals Corps (CSC) Cap badge and collars set. AH to dream one of these days ..............

Tags
nwmp, rcmp nwmp