British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-01-14, 02:38 PM

I believe the unique type of radio referred to above was designed and built for OSS and named the J-E Radio - it operated from the agent on the ground to a receiver installed typically in a De Havilland Mosquito. It was very small (for that period), reliable and very difficult to detect when transmitting. Mike
Old 14-01-14, 03:18 PM

I am sure you are right Mike. This is a link for more details on the Joan-Eleanor system www.militaryradio.com/spyradio/joaneleanor.html Regards, Clive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
I believe the unique type of radio referred to above was designed and built for OSS and named the J-E Radio - it operated from the agent on the ground to a receiver installed typically in a De Havilland Mosquito. It was very small (for that period), reliable and very difficult to detect when transmitting. Mike
Old 14-01-14, 11:23 PM

The Brittish supported resistance teams, and I believe MI9, in the Netherlands worked with the similar S-Phone, according to reports from the resistance.

Rgds, Thomas.
Old 16-01-14, 02:53 PM

But that doesn't mean you're not an elitist!

Speaking as a former librarian and life long reader, we could use some more elitists, to counter the 'if its not on line it doesn't exist' school of research! Well done, that man!

Peter
Old 05-03-14, 12:56 PM

Smile Sheild Shape three witches badge

Hi, I would really like to know if anyone out there has seen, or has got a sheild shape three witches badge like my late husband's badge see
www.mi9-is9.com, my new website about the research I have been doing on IS9 as I know my husband was with both Airey Neave and Jimmy Langley.

I have been trying to find out for the last few years but can only find reference to rectangular badges.
Thanks BAS
Old 06-03-14, 10:38 AM

Many thanks for posting, especially with the link to your excellent website, very educational and informative. I posted earlier my bevo weave example of the patch, when I bought it I did not know too much about it, other than an MI-9 connection. Your husband's example may well have been for walking out dress, being made in bullion, but I do not know for certain. I am sure these patches are scarce, I was not aware of them, nor had seen an example until 2013. Kind regards, Clive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAS View Post
Hi, I would really like to know if anyone out there has seen, or has got a sheild shape three witches badge like my late husband's badge see
www.mi9-is9.com, my new website about the research I have been doing on IS9 as I know my husband was with both Airey Neave and Jimmy Langley.

I have been trying to find out for the last few years but can only find reference to rectangular badges.
Thanks BAS