British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Formation and Tasking Signs

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-10, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Reintjes View Post
Originally Posted by regimentalrogue
Is this the "$50 patch"?

eBay - Canadian Airborne OSONS OD Subdued Cloth Insignia

That is Dave Hiorth's site....he is a member here,maybe he can shed some light on the origins of these.....Dave,you out there?
Yes I know I've contacted him and advised him of the chaos and termiol

He will tell you the same thing I have posted the OSONS Patch was commissioned by the DND and the Airborne Regiment after some debate they shelved the OSONS Patch and the Wings in question.

The Wings he does not know about them, I think I sent him a Picture of them

Mr. Dave Hiorth's If you still have that picture I beg of you do not post it please thank you I want that patch to remain a Secret for now.
Old 24-08-10, 07:50 PM

No turmoil dude...just interested in some clarification...alot of us have been puzzled by these for some time....tangible evidence like photos or GO's would answer alot of questions...when,why who?... why certain guys in 1980 and not RCR troops in London?
Old 24-08-10, 07:51 PM

Aaaaw Dave,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...WE BEG OF YOU...SHOW US THE EXTRA TOP SECRET SPECIAL WING OR WE WILL JUST DIE.....

Phil
Old 24-08-10, 07:58 PM

Maybe the black leaf Brigade?....formed exclusively from seconded Militia troops under the shroud of government secrecy for a two month period in 1980.....? just asking?
Old 24-08-10, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Herring View Post
Poor us indeed. If I was selling $10.00 badges to veterans for $50.00 I would:
a. Make sure I was declaring my income to Customs and Revenue.
b. Spend the money on a basic English writing course so that my postings might make a modicum of sense.
c. Do a bit of soul searching to figure out why I would brag to the world about ripping people off.

Phil
Therefore my spelling is not a problem? Your comments are insulting as full of Utter nonsense. I'm not a store and I can sell anything thats used and very old, Newspaper sales adds are a great example.

What arrogance, shows your not properly educated in basic English, British, Canadian as US English many words are spelt defrently and Grammar is not the same something you should educate yourself on.

And English is not even my second language.

I never Brag'd don't assume like a typical woman, what you took your girlfriends Prozac by mistake this morning. Whoever you know where you can shove that comment, Like I stated they offered me $50. I never had any intentions of selling them, Therefore go Blow your hot air down wind.

Mr Bill If I'm insulted by any member I have a right to defend Myself especially when a Member takes such a despicable tone with me. As you know all my posts to others have been polite and in good manner.

Last edited by Bill A; 24-08-10 at 08:50 PM.
Old 24-08-10, 08:03 PM

Oh...MY head...what the hell is going on here?....I'd better get some food and go to work I guess...
Old 24-08-10, 08:04 PM

A typical Woman?
Old 24-08-10, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Reintjes View Post
Maybe the black leaf Brigade?....formed exclusively from seconded Militia troops under the shroud of government secrecy for a two month period in 1980.....? just asking?
No now I'm lost
Old 24-08-10, 08:07 PM

me too...supper time..
Old 24-08-10, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Gentlemen, this thread has some good information, but it has strayed off the Forum's accepted use policy. No further useful information or disemination of knowledge is likely at this point. The thread is locked.
The B&CMBF is open to the public though privately owned. It is counter-productive to discuss secret items that must stay secret in this open Forum. Why go down that road? If the item is to remain secret, no mention should be made at all. If the item is to be revealed as a collectable, then all the pertinent information should be made public. It seems to be self-defeating, or at least counter productive to indicate that something exists but I can't tell you about it?
Please review the Forum rules: http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forum_rules.htm