British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-03-19, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orasot View Post
Here you go gents, I like it but I would with the portcullis in there wouldn’t I?
East west lugs as stated, enjoy,
Wilf
Very nice indeed are they becoming available on the market now?
Old 13-03-19, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orasot View Post
Here you go gents, I like it but I would with the portcullis in there wouldn’t I?
East west lugs as stated, enjoy,
Wilf
Thank you for showing the badge, not bad at all!
Is it worn with the blue red blue Guards backing?
And is the Company classed as Household troops?

Cheers
Old 13-03-19, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Yes it's worn with the backing as shown.
Old 13-03-19, 03:49 PM

I feel very sorry for the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, who it seems have not only lost their 2nd Battalion recently, but have seemingly now lost their ‘golden thread’ link with London inherited from the old 7th Regiment of Foot, Royal Fusiliers (RF) and with it their place in the London Regiment, which in its original guise (1908-1916) counted its first three battalions (of 27) as badged to the RF.

Territorial Foot Guards??? The world’s gone mad. Queen Victoria and her Duke of Kent must be turning in their graves.
Old 13-03-19, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Purcell View Post
I feel very sorry for the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, who it seems have not only lost their 2nd Battalion recently, but have seemingly now lost their ‘golden thread’ link with London inherited from the old 7th Regiment of Foot, Royal Fusiliers (RF) and with it their place in the London Regiment, which in its original guise (1908-1916) counted its first three battalions (of 27) as badged to the RF.

Territorial Foot Guards??? The world’s gone mad. Queen Victoria and her Duke of Kent must be turning in their graves.
I heard that the Geordies who would've been recruits for 1 RRF are "diverted" to The Yorkshire Regiment nowadays, I don't know if that's true.
It all seems a very strange situation for RRF or rather "The Fusiliers" as the regiment's now officially abbreviated itself to, to have been run down to one regular battalion with one reserve battalion oop north when they were, I thought such a well recruited regiment (the Lancashire Fusiliers had their recruiting problems back around the 60's but I suppose they were resolved when 4 RRF were disbanded).
The regiment's RHQ at the Tower of London's now shared with the Princess of Wales's Regiment or have the Fus. been booted out altogether now?
The Scottish referendum was alleged to have been largely responsible for the demise of 2 RRF, but who knows, and in a world where big(ger) is beautiful again when it comes to individual regiments being viable what future is there for a regiment with a single regular battalion?
What will they call a Princess of Wales's / R Anglian / RRF amalgam?
"Light Infantry" has been killed "Fusiliers" is liable to follow, but hey, we've got "The Rifles" still as a healthy amoebic brand name.
The Fusiliers have really dwindled, NF with its "Battle Honour" for having raised the most battalions and suffered the most casualties during WWI, RF with its four regular battalions and it's TF, four battalions of the London Regiment each expanding to four battalions themselves, the Service Battalions.......
The Royal Fusiliers, inelegantly extracted from London.
Old 15-03-19, 08:52 PM

Yes I agree, Leigh, and can add nothing to what you have said. It is a travesty in my opinion.
Old 26-06-19, 07:03 AM

Is there any further news on the issue and availability of the badge yet?

Chris
Old 24-03-21, 04:33 PM

Just ordered a set.
Brass other ranks.
Bi-Metal NCOs
Officers / Warrant Officers
Officers SDC
Old 24-03-21, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhath View Post

Just ordered a set.
Brass other ranks.
Bi-Metal NCOs
Officers SDC

Those are very nice Sean
Old 24-03-21, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhath View Post

Just ordered a set.
Brass other ranks.
Bi-Metal NCOs
Officers SDC
From where Sean?
Old 04-04-21, 05:42 AM

Not a good image, but the best shot of the officer's bullion beret badge I've seen:

https://www.forces.net/news/first-wo...uards-division
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210404-063712_Chrome~2.jpg (44.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-04-21, 12:26 PM

Can anyone advise where these badges can be obtained please ?

TIA

Paul
Old 04-04-21, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
I heard that the Geordies who would've been recruits for 1 RRF are "diverted" to The Yorkshire Regiment nowadays, I don't know if that's true.
It all seems a very strange situation for RRF or rather "The Fusiliers" as the regiment's now officially abbreviated itself to, to have been run down to one regular battalion with one reserve battalion oop north when they were, I thought such a well recruited regiment (the Lancashire Fusiliers had their recruiting problems back around the 60's but I suppose they were resolved when 4 RRF were disbanded).
The regiment's RHQ at the Tower of London's now shared with the Princess of Wales's Regiment or have the Fus. been booted out altogether now?
The Scottish referendum was alleged to have been largely responsible for the demise of 2 RRF, but who knows, and in a world where big(ger) is beautiful again when it comes to individual regiments being viable what future is there for a regiment with a single regular battalion?
What will they call a Princess of Wales's / R Anglian / RRF amalgam?
"Light Infantry" has been killed "Fusiliers" is liable to follow, but hey, we've got "The Rifles" still as a healthy amoebic brand name.
The Fusiliers have really dwindled, NF with its "Battle Honour" for having raised the most battalions and suffered the most casualties during WWI, RF with its four regular battalions and it's TF, four battalions of the London Regiment each expanding to four battalions themselves, the Service Battalions.......
The Royal Fusiliers, inelegantly extracted from London.
I'm confused? Do you mean Princess of Wale's Royal Regiment? Because I was under the impression that both the PWRR and the RRF had been removed from the London Regiment in 2017 and been replace by 2 companies badged The Rifles?
Old 04-04-21, 02:41 PM

Sorry, I'm confused now - RRF's RHQ was at the Tower of London.
I don't know if it still is.
I'd heard that PWRR RHQ was now at the Tower.
RRF'S recruiting area included London for regular and TF / TA battalions via the Royal Fusiliers.
Old 04-04-21, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Purcell View Post

I completely agree with you there Toby.
Andy