British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-01-20, 01:51 PM

Default Middlesex Regiment Badge opinions please

Could I ask your opinions on this Middlesex Regiment badge please, came with a group of rank chevrons and odds and ends, will be for sale if any good.

Regards Simon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SUNP0001 (2).jpg (50.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg SUNP0003 (2).jpg (45.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg SUNP0005 (2).jpg (50.0 KB, 41 views)
Old 27-01-20, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn View Post
Could I ask your opinions on this Middlesex Regiment badge please, came with a group of rank chevrons and odds and ends, will be for sale if any good.

Regards Simon.
Hi Simon
Nothing wrong with the badge all good

Gerard
Old 27-01-20, 02:37 PM

Gerard,

Many thanks for that,

All the best Simon.
Old 17-09-20, 09:46 AM

Default 7/8/9th Middlesex

With regard to the badge now offered by British Army Badges. Would this badge be a rarity considering it appears to have SA Honours on the badge front and Peninsular War Talavera on the rear?
Old 17-09-20, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer Soldier View Post
With regard to the badge now offered by British Army Badges. Would this badge be a rarity considering it appears to have SA Honours on the badge front and Peninsular War Talavera on the rear?
Hi VS
Not sure which badge your referring to, do you mean the one in the open of this thread or another on British Army Badges site? And is your question in relation to a Middlesex Regiment cap badge with SA honours on a applied front scroll and the standard Albuhera on the reverse of the original scroll, not Talavera if Middlesex related ?

Gerard
Old 17-09-20, 11:37 AM

Sorry, I meant Albuhera. It is a wm badge currently listed by BAB. It is not a laid -on badge. Rather, it appears to be the front of one badge with a separate photo of the back of another badge. At least I assume so.
Old 17-09-20, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer Soldier View Post
Sorry, I meant Albuhera. It is a wm badge currently listed by BAB. It is not a laid -on badge. Rather, it appears to be the front of one badge with a separate photo of the back of another badge. At least I assume so.
I think the images shown as the front and back of the badge may well be of the same badge which looks to have the SA scroll overlaid on the Albuhera.

Possibly a period badge struck in white metal instead of gilding metal or a Regulars NCOs white metal badge with SA scroll overlaid to avoid making a new die for the Volunteer's badge?
Old 17-09-20, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
I think the images shown as the front and back of the badge may well be of the same badge which looks to have the SA scroll overlaid on the Albuhera.

Possibly a period badge struck in white metal instead of gilding metal or a Regulars NCOs white metal badge with SA scroll overlaid to avoid making a new die for the Volunteer's badge?
As Leigh said, I agree, you can just see the faint outline of the original scroll as it’s slightly larger than the overlay SA one, I’ve a few badges converted like this and the other way around!!

Gerard