British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-07-11, 10:18 PM

Default Introduction

Greetings to the members of the Commonwealth Badge Forum. My name is Doug and am a collector of militaria specializing in Second World War German helmets and rare/significant Waffen SS artifacts. I have always held a fascination for the Commonwealth badges and insignia and have decided to make it an object of study and learn what I can as I branch into this area of collecting.

My other interests are hockey ( of course that's normal being Canadian ), and the study of the military history of the 20th century. I've been fortunate to have walked most of the major battlefields of the western front of both world wars and can't wait to get back for more.

I'm a moderator/admin of German Helmet Walhalla, a forum that specializes in the detailed study of the subject where new collectors can learn much and get assistance from veteran collectors and am hoping that this forum will provide me with the same learning opportunities. It looks great!

Cheers and look forward to participating as I begin this phase of my collecting.

Doug
Old 28-07-11, 04:08 PM

I know in German helmet collecting there are quite a few reference books out there but there are a couple that are considered as definitive. Are there any such books among the large selection shown here on the subject?
Need to get myself an education!
Thanks!
Doug
Old 28-07-11, 05:23 PM

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Kipling and King are thought to be amongst the best references for British cap badges.

Regards

Phil
Old 28-07-11, 09:19 PM

Thank you Phil!

Doug
Old 28-07-11, 09:22 PM

No problem, I hope you enjoy the forum as much as i have since I joined a few weeks ago.

Regards

Phil
Old 29-07-11, 02:30 AM

Hi Doug,
Welcome to the forum. It looks like you are already off to a flying start just in the few comments that have been posted to you so far.
Regards,
Matt