British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

   

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-24, 03:58 PM
Ex Supt Clk RAOC Ex Supt Clk RAOC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Beverley, East Yorkshire
Posts: 262
Default YORKSHIRE RELATED HELMET PLATES

Hi All

Those of you who know me, know that my main area of collecting is AA (Staybrite) cap badges.

However, i recently bought a 1980s Helmet Plate worn by the RAOC Staff Band (being ex RAOC myself I acquired it to fit into that part of my collection).

This purchase, has however prompted an interest in Helmet Plates and I am considering putting together a collection of Yorkshire Regiment related plates, so DWR, PWO, Green Howards, Yorkshire Volunteers etc etc

My main problem is that i know diddly squat about these items and i really don't wish to waste my hard earned cash on a fake or frankenstein !

So basically any help would be appreciated, advice, pointers and recommendations of good quality, genuine items available, either from members or reliable dealers. Lastly any era, Victoria, George, Edward or Elizabeth.

Any replies, comments, advice would be honestly appreciated
Cheers
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-24, 05:09 PM
Deejayuu's Avatar
Deejayuu Deejayuu is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: County of the White Rose
Posts: 754
Default

Steve,

Have a look at my albums, a few helmet plates to regiments of Yorkshire in them. All of them i believe to be original. Have about 30 helmet plates in all for regiments to Yorkshire, not all of them in the albums.

Keep smiling, Dave
__________________
Tha’ can allus tell a Yorkshireman,
but tha’ can’t tell ‘im much.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-24, 09:30 AM
Ex Supt Clk RAOC Ex Supt Clk RAOC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Beverley, East Yorkshire
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejayuu View Post
Steve,

Have a look at my albums, a few helmet plates to regiments of Yorkshire in them. All of them i believe to be original. Have about 30 helmet plates in all for regiments to Yorkshire, not all of them in the albums.

Keep smiling, Dave
Dave,

Wow, thanks for the message i have sent you an email in reply.
Looking forward to meeting up and having a chat
Regards
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-24, 05:55 PM
grey_green_acorn's Avatar
grey_green_acorn grey_green_acorn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 5,856
Default

My album contains some modern band helmet plates and centres with background information:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...hp?albumid=625

Tim
__________________
"Manui dat cognitio vires - Knowledge gives strength to the arm"
"Better to know it but not need it than to need it and not know it!"
"Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest."

Last edited by grey_green_acorn; 21-02-24 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-24, 08:23 AM
Ex Supt Clk RAOC Ex Supt Clk RAOC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Beverley, East Yorkshire
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn View Post
My album contains some band helmet plates and centres with background information:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...hp?albumid=625

Tim
Tim,
Many thanks, great photographs and lots of helpful information.
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-02-24, 11:33 PM
YeoHelmetGuy YeoHelmetGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: United States of America
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Supt Clk RAOC View Post
Hi All

Those of you who know me, know that my main area of collecting is AA (Staybrite) cap badges.

However, i recently bought a 1980s Helmet Plate worn by the RAOC Staff Band (being ex RAOC myself I acquired it to fit into that part of my collection).

This purchase, has however prompted an interest in Helmet Plates and I am considering putting together a collection of Yorkshire Regiment related plates, so DWR, PWO, Green Howards, Yorkshire Volunteers etc etc

My main problem is that i know diddly squat about these items and i really don't wish to waste my hard earned cash on a fake or frankenstein !

So basically any help would be appreciated, advice, pointers and recommendations of good quality, genuine items available, either from members or reliable dealers. Lastly any era, Victoria, George, Edward or Elizabeth.

Any replies, comments, advice would be honestly appreciated
Cheers
Steve
Hello Steve,

If you have a general interest in home service helmet plates, please do take a look at my album here on the form at this link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4640

All of my home service helmet plates are Victorian era and are all officer patterns. I hope you will take some time to take a look at the album and share your comments.

Cheers,

David
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-02-24, 05:26 PM
Ex Supt Clk RAOC Ex Supt Clk RAOC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Beverley, East Yorkshire
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeoHelmetGuy View Post
Hello Steve,

If you have a general interest in home service helmet plates, please do take a look at my album here on the form at this link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4640

All of my home service helmet plates are Victorian era and are all officer patterns. I hope you will take some time to take a look at the album and share your comments.

Cheers,

David
David,
What can i say ! Green with envy !

Dave (Deejayuu) post#2 also contacted me and came over to my place last week to show me some of his collection. Some truly magnificent pieces in his and your collection. I'm now considering what to do with my new interest.

I am constantly amazed by other members collections and the knowledge of the members of this forum.

Thanks for drawing my attention to your wonderful collection

All the very best
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-02-24, 09:23 PM
YeoHelmetGuy YeoHelmetGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: United States of America
Posts: 167
Default

[QUOTE=Ex Supt Clk RAOC;619699]David,
What can i say ! Green with envy !

Dave (Deejayuu) post#2 also contacted me and came over to my place last week to show me some of his collection. Some truly magnificent pieces in his and your collection. I'm now considering what to do with my new interest.

I am constantly amazed by other members collections and the knowledge of the members of this forum.

Thanks for drawing my attention to your wonderful collection

All the very best
Steve[/QUOTE

Last edited by YeoHelmetGuy; 23-02-24 at 02:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23-02-24, 03:01 AM
YeoHelmetGuy YeoHelmetGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: United States of America
Posts: 167
Default

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your very generous comments regarding my modest collection of Victorian officer's home service helmet plates, you are too kind! The collection is a real labor of love!

I don't know if you looked at my other albums here on the Form... I have a very small collection of Victorian officer's home service helmets that can be seen in the album at this link:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4709

and my collection of 28 dragoon helmets at this link on the Form:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...p?albumid=4589

I hope you will take a few minutes and look at both albums... and hope you will enjoy them!

Good luck and happy hunting as you move forward with your collection and collecting!

Kind regards,

David






[QUOTE=YeoHelmetGuy;619712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Supt Clk RAOC View Post
David,
What can i say ! Green with envy !

Dave (Deejayuu) post#2 also contacted me and came over to my place last week to show me some of his collection. Some truly magnificent pieces in his and your collection. I'm now considering what to do with my new interest.

I am constantly amazed by other members collections and the knowledge of the members of this forum.

Thanks for drawing my attention to your wonderful collection

All the very best
Steve[/QUOTE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

mhs link

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.