British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-04-13, 04:32 PM

Default ROYAL MARINES-BEHIND THE LINES- 1984 BBC

hi all,

these are the first 2 episodes of the bbc 1984 series on the training for the royal marines mountain&artic warfare cadre.i believe there were 6 episodes in all.

some good views of badges,dress,equip etc

enjoy philip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJb_zlq7r4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0IJ-lH9RY
Old 14-04-13, 08:04 PM

This was a superb first class series , just magnificent , that I think gave away a lot of detail for its time and introduced a legendary guy Cpl Craig !!!!!!

The sniper training episode is great, as is the survival escape and evasion one , final episode that shows how to survive in the arctic is worth seeing but the best I think is when they return from the final test and are been brought back in to camp by helicopter for what they think is going to be a brutal resistance to interrogation ordeal - the punch up brawl with the S.A.S guys trying to capture then just has to be seen to be believed ........... boots ,fists,rifle butts the works !!!!!

send the wife and kids to bed plow through the lot you wont regret it one of the best military shows ever

.P.S one of the best quotes ever in reply to the interviewer when asking a marine just fished out of the sea after nearly drowning .......... When was the last time you were concerned for your safety .....???

" when I took a bullet in the lung ..."

Last edited by NEMO; 14-04-13 at 08:17 PM.
Old 14-04-13, 08:09 PM

oh and look out for the ` one off `follow up show made 15 years after seeing what they had now become in the corps , includes one of the Marines who had done time for armed robbery ,
Old 14-04-13, 08:09 PM

Default Where do I find it

Is it possible to get this series on DVD by any chance?
Ray
Old 15-04-13, 12:01 AM
Banned

--

Last edited by Charlie585; 21-11-13 at 03:21 PM.
Old 15-04-13, 12:47 AM
Banned

--

Last edited by Charlie585; 21-11-13 at 03:21 PM.
Old 15-04-13, 10:04 AM

hi,

in the mid 1980s the bbc did a few documentries on the british forces when the falklands were still fresh in the memories,including the highest tradition ,most were narated by ian wooldridge i believe.

sgt mac left a good impression,hardley raised his voice and led by example.his climb up and down the face of the cliff in the dark and with no saftey equip, except for a helmet,looked great.
they really knew how to treat those guys,the reward for passing the survival exercise....a boiled sweet.
cpl craigs lecture in the snow was the best."ok,close your eyes and listen..wait..wait..well we try another one...wait...wait..ok bin that idea"

ray, iv no idea if this has been brought out on dvd sorry

philip