British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-02-14, 03:42 AM

HHHHmm most interesting .... Hi john Interesting that the owner said it came from a disposal store in Melbourne . I'm from that neck of the woods and I remember the stores around melb's quiet well. It would be very interesting to know which one it came from and weather it still exists (alot have closed down or sell modern replicas now) unlike the old days when you and your mates could go and buy a german ww2 issued trench coat for $30-$50 AU just to keep ya warm through winter .It is possible that there could have been 6 of these badges on the shelf waiting for someone to buy them.these disposal stores used to get some great genuine gear in them although I no nothing about this piece the history seems sketchy no real documentation I can find except maybe the quote on the RAF site That I stated in my first post I'v still not seen a picture of that badge that is mentioned from that site for a comparison and it may be a replica/or there may be thousands out there.your story makes me think it may be OK but I'm unsure about it at all . what was the opinion of your UK mate on this piece ? And if anyone has a picture of or has one of these badges mentioned on the RAF site please post it for comparison
cheers again everyone .
matty